Static Reporting

Hi,

First, just want to say I think what you’ve done with Piwik here so far is great. I was so happy when I found an open source project like this.

I run Piwik with a website that has around 30k visitors a day but when I run a report I have about 5 PHP processes at 100% CPU and takes about 8 seconds to complete. This is only with about 15k visitors so far today…

Due to the nature of the website I run, I am going to want many thousands of people to be to login and see these stats - obviously this will bring my server (Intel Core 2 CPU @ 3.00GHz 4GB RAM) to it’s knees instantly.

I have the following in the my config -

time_before_archive_considered_outdated = 3600
enable_browser_archiving_triggering = 0

So here is what I am thinking - writing a plugin to generate 100% static reports that can be put on the cron every hour.

When a report is run, I don’t even want a single connection to MySql. Now I realise I can’t generate every report like this, any searches etc. but I can live without them, I just want the basic facts.

So my question to more experienced Piwik users than me - do you think this is even possible to do? Any recommendations? Anyone tried this before?

Many thanks,

Ian

OK I have found out it is actually only looking at today’s stats that takes down my server, if I limit my users to only be able to see yesterday and previous, problem solved. I guess because of the archiving at midnight.

Not ideal - but at least they can see some stats.

[quote=IanD @ Jun 9 2009, 01:52 PM]OK I have found out it is actually only looking at today’s stats that takes down my server, if I limit my users to only be able to see yesterday and previous, problem solved. I guess because of the archiving at midnight.

Not ideal - but at least they can see some stats.[/quote]

cron generated stats would be very good.