SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1 Can't create/write to file '/mysql/tmp/mysql-kunden/#sql_350_0.MYI' (Errcode: 2)

Hi all,

some weeks ago I’ve installed Piwik and it’s really great! Today I tried to watch the stats but i only get the following error:

SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1 Can’t create/write to file ‘/mysql/tmp/mysql-kunden/#sql_350_0.MYI’ (Errcode: 2)

I’ve seen that my webspace disk drive was at its limit (shared hosting, 500 MB), so I’ve deleted some files and now there is enough space. I don’t know whether this is related to this problem. Anyone seen it before?
Thanks!

Yes. Your server ran out of disk space.

Hm, not anymore. I’ve deleted some files today morning but error still appears. Do i have to do some actions to “restart” Piwik? And is it Disk space or MySQL-Space? I’m not sure whether there is a limit for MySQL from my provider regardless of disk space of the server…

If its separate on your server then its “mysql space”. You should ask your host if there’s a given limit for the mysql database.

I’ve seen that there were already more than 255.000 Records in my MySQL DB. I’ve deleted a lot of tables, e.g. phpBB. Now I’m down to 53 tables (piwik & 2 WordPress), 53.000 records and 11 MB in the MySQL DB. Nevertheless the problem still appears. Is there some kind of “really delete” on the MySQL?

P.S. I’ve deleted these records and tables already yesterday evening.

Check the volume where mysql stores disk-based temporary tables.

I did not change anything lately but now it’s working… Maybe MySQL needs some time to recognize that there is new space style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

Thanks vipsoft and Thomas for your support!!

I am having the same problem, and its most certainly not full disk.

It’s a new server with nearly nothing on it.

Plenty of space, what else could it be.