i tried to update my 1 year old installation and after that process the following error occured:
SQLSTATE  Access denied for user ‘xxx’@‘localhost’ (using password: YES)
I saved the config.ini.php file and had to reupload it, because the password got lost.
The logincredentials are correct and working. They did before und i tested it on my other sites and via direct login.
After that i uploaded a the latest version via ftp, set the the owner to my serveruser and added the logincredentials but still the same result.
I copied all the tables to a new database and set a new user with just letters as pwd, still not working.