[SOLVED] Piwik doesn't track visits (I've read the FAQ)

Hello all,
I’ve gone through a clean install of Piwik 2.2.0 multiple times, I’ve read and re-read the FAQ regarding the subject and checked and double checked each item on the list but still I can’t get Piwik to track any visits.

I’ve checked my server logs, they are clean, I’ve checked my tracking code, it seems ok. No entries are being recorded in the DB even with js disabled.

I’ve visited from multiple browsers, private mode enabled, from multiple IP’s still nothing.

The only thing that I can think of that might be creating a problem is that piwik is installed in /usr/share/piwik and then is aliased in apache with

Alias /piwik /usr/share/piwik

so that it is available to all vhosts. This exact method works for phpMyAdmin and ISPConfig and for Piwik (I can access and use the backend properly).

Might anyone have any idea what could be the problem?
For reference the site url is www.cobaltblue.gr (piwik installation under Sign in - Piwik)

Thanks in advance

Can you try to re-install from scratch the 2.2.1- beta4 which fixes some issue.

If it still does not work, try to debug the tracker as explained here: Tracking HTTP API: API Reference - Matomo Analytics (formerly Piwik Analytics) - Developer Docs - v3

What message do you see?

Ok, I’m an idiot…
When testing tracking software make sure that your browsers “Do not track” option is not enabled…

Thanks for your time though matt