[SOLVED=max execution time] PHP 5.4.4 > Piwik 1.11.1 ouch (PHP 5.3 ok)

Hi!
As previous topics, I can confirm now that current Piwik release 1.11.1 is 20% working on PHP version 5.4.4

tried on a Debian “wheezy” (testing) with current PHP 5.4.4-14 : Piwik has a lot of bugs
on Debian 6 (stable) with PHP 5.3.xxx : Piwik running 100% good

(connecting to the same database)

I hope this helps :wink:

ps: as I think it’s a PHP version conflict… :s

Not sure what youre talking about. Piwik should work 100% well on PHP 5.4 and 5.5. Send more details if you found some bugs. See also: Piwik Quality Assurance - Analytics Platform - Matomo

Humm…
Thx Matt for your answer!

Then I’ll try to install it with a Nginx server, now it’s Apache2…
Let’s investigate !

Can you just post some error messages? Piwik is running fine on 5.4 and 5.5 on nginx and Apache.

When 1st connect to admin panel, https enable… (apache2, php 5.4)
error.log
[error] [client 192.168.100.254] PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /var/www/www/piwik/libs/jsmin/jsmin.php on line 167, referer: https://*******/piwik/index.php?module=MultiSites&action=index&idSite=1&period=day&date=today

192.168.100.254 is my router’s ip, I’m on the same LAN…, so I put my public name address in my browser…
Piwik is not on a very fast system… it can explain the “30 seconds exceeded” ?

nothing really wrong in the others .log

3 websites are monitored, it’s not possible to change the view between then,
not possible to change the date on top left,
no javascript code generated…

If you need an admin login/pass to my piwik panel, it’s possible by a PM.

http://piwik.org/faq/troubleshooting/#faq_103

Another time this problem is in FAQ… My bad!

Many thx Matt, great shot !

Problem now solved :slight_smile:

Thx to all for help :slight_smile:

ps : I’ve set up a virtual machine with php 5.3 (debian stable) on my fast computer to make that test… that’s why it was ok now, we are sure about that now. And the not very fast computer is running 5.4 …

Hi to everyone in here, I’m the new kid on the block, so take it easy with me, OK. I’m far too old to go through this freshman ordeal again. :smile:

Uh, I tried to install PIWIK on my server today (have PHP 5.4.45) but was prompted with an error saying:

To run Piwik you need at least PHP version 5.5.9

Unfortunately it seems your webserver is using PHP version 5.4.45.

Please try to update your PHP version, Piwik is really worth it! Nowadays most web hosts support PHP 5.5.9.

I’d love to attach a screenshot to prove I am not insane :slight_smile:

Any idea on whether I can download an older version of PIWIK which would allow me to install it on PHP 5.4.45 in use?

Thank you very much

Hi Norbert,
I don’t know if is a good idea, to use such an old PHP-Version: It is out of support since Q3/2014 and without security-patches since September 3rd, 2015! Maybe it would be a better idea to update php first (or tell your hosting-provider to do so)
Kind regrads Philipp

1 Like

Ops, that sounds scary.
Thanks, Pfleck, for telling.
I’ll get on to this right away.

// update

Updated PHP to 5.6 but now I’m prompted with a page only showing the PIWIK logo.
I tried Opera, Safari and Chrome on a macbookPro and all the same.

Any idea what’s wrong now?