[solved] Error in 1.7.1: Dashboard empty

Hi!
After updating from 1.7 to 1.7.1:

Chrome 19dev: The dashboard only shows the header-logo etc and the tablehead of the dashboard, but there’s not a single row of data.

There’s JS-Error message:
SyntaxError: Unexpected token if [PATHTOPIWIK/index.php?module=Proxy&action=getJs&cb=23c215a9aa555e98c507653ab799277d:322]

Firefox 9 and IE9 Dashboard showing up, but each widget telling me “no data available”.

Any advise? Thanks.

I temporarely disabled the plugins, but that’s not the source of the problem.
I am not using the cron (I can’t because my hoster does not let me…)

Hi,

same here, only header is shown, but no syntax-error displayed in firefox. IE gives the following message in the status bar:

Details zum Fehler auf der Webseite

Benutzer-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0)
Zeitstempel: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 08:30:51 UTC

Meldung: ‘}’ erwartet
Zeile: 1272
Zeichen: 409
Code: 0
URI: http://piwikdomain/index.php?module=Proxy&action=getJs&cb=b49cb5459b9562cc5515f9da55c09721

Meldung: Objekt erwartet
Zeile: 132
Zeichen: 5
Code: 0
URI: http://piwikdomain/index.php?module=CoreHome&action=index&idSite=2&period=day&date=yesterday

I got it solved accidently:

• uploaded old index.php (1.7), got lot of error messages…
  • erased directories tmp/assets and tmp/templates_c …
  • uploaded the new index.php (1.7.1) again…
  • erased directories tmp/assets and tmp/templates_c …

all working perfectly now!

Can confirm.
After erasing data in tmp/assets and tmp/templates_c everything is working.

For future reference, also see the FAQ: After I updated Piwik, it stopped working (blank page, widgets not loading, error message, etc.). How can I fix this?

Hi Matt,
is it possible to integrate step 2 (Delete all files in piwik/tmp/) into the update process, so that this is done automaticly?
BTW: You do not want to delete the .htaccess-files in piwik/tmp/

Regards,
Karsten

It is already done but for some reason does not work for some users. If you want to debug it it’s welcome :slight_smile:

we call Piwik::deleteAllCacheOnUpdate(); which in turns calls clear_compiled_tpl() which should delete templates