SMTP sending incorrect from email address

I have been trying to understand this issue for a few days now. below are my config settings in the config.ini.php

[mail]
transport = "smtp"
port = 465
host = "mail.buffbodybeauty.nl"
type = "Login"
username = "info@buffbodybeauty.nl"
password = "****************"
encryption = “ssl”

[general]
noreply_email_address = "info@buffbodybeauty.nl"

Below is the extract from the mail.log file.

2012-07-24 15:17:21 H=(localhost) [67.20.81.208]:59004 sender verify defer for noreply@www.buffbodybeauty.nl: lowest numbered MX record points to local host

2012-07-24 15:17:21 H=(localhost) [67.20.81.208]:59004 sender verify defer for noreply@www.buffbodybeauty.nl: lowest numbered MX record points to local host

2012-07-24 15:17:21 H=(localhost) [67.20.81.208]:59004 F=noreply@www.buffbodybeauty.nl temporarily rejected RCPT info@buffbodybeauty.nl: Could not complete sender verify

2012-07-24 15:17:21 H=(localhost) [67.20.81.208]:59004 F=noreply@www.buffbodybeauty.nl temporarily rejected RCPT info@buffbodybeauty.nl: Could not complete sender verify

I am pulling what little hair I have left out, can someone please HELP me!!!

Thanks
Lawrence

[general] should be [General] with capital G

Matt

Thanks for that. Changing the capitalisation of the G allowed the reports to be sent, but it did not resolve the error I see if I click on the lost password link.

Error: Temporary local problem - please try later
Possible reason: your host may have disabled the mail() function.
Please contact your Piwik administrator.

Below are my SMTP settings.

SMTP server address : mail.buffbodybeauty.nl
SMTP Port = 465
Authentication method for SMTP : Login
SMTP username: info@buffbodybeauty.nl.
SMTP password: ********
SMTP encryption : SSL

Any ideas why I get this error?

I have looked into the php.ini to see if the mail() function is disabled but it is not.

Lawrence

The e-mail could not be sent.
Possible reason: your host may have disabled the mail() function…
Please help me…

Check your server error logs; do you see anything interesting?

Could you please elaborate on this issue I am facing same issue

Hi @santhi_vemulakonda
Can you share the error log file where the error appears?

Here is the error details we are getting : Error : Could not instantiate mail function.Possible reason: your host may have disabled the mail() function.
Please contact your Matomo administrator.r.

Please provide any insight on this issue .

@santhi_vemulakonda
You have then to enable the mail function in your PHP. See with Apache / PHP admin.

Or alternatively provide the details of the SMTP server Matomo should connect to for sending E-Mails in the general settings

1 Like