Since update to 2.5 no more data received from websites

:frowning:

no more visitors to 30+ sites at once??

D

Same here … since update to 2.5 no more data for my websites …

Same here. Fixed by rolling back to 2.4.1[/url] and then manually [url=http://piwik.org/docs/update/#3-update-piwik]re-running the upgrade to 2.5.0 by hand.

Oh yes, and the good news: no data was lost, visitor stats had continued to accumulate, only archiving had broken so I couldn’t see the stats.

I try, but it’s not working for me … still the same: no data …

If you’ve only just done it it will take a while for the archive run to process all the data (assuming that the next run has started).

I couldn’t wait after I hand cranked the upgrade so I did the archive run (normally run by cron at xx:05) by hand and it took about 30 minutes to run as it hadn’t been run (successfully) for a while.

If you still have a problem with 2.5.0 please post more information

1. do you see new data in Visitors > Visitor log?
  2. do you see any error in your server error log file?
  1. Yes, in the Visitor log are data available

2. Yes, there are errors into my error.log

[Mon Aug 18 01:42:09 2014] [error] [client 79.116.31.255] Error in Piwik: Action 'index' not found in the module ''.

<div style='word-wrap: break-word; border: 3px solid red; padding:4px; width:70%; background-color:#FFFF96;'>
        <strong>There is an error. Please report the message (Piwik 2.5.0)
        and full backtrace in the <a href='?module=Proxy&action=redirect&url=http://forum.piwik.org' target='_blank'>Piwik forums</a> (please do a Sea
rch first as it might have been reported already!).<br /><br/>
        Recoverable Error:</strong> <em>Object of class Piwik\Plugins\Proxy\Controller could not be converted to string</em> in <strong>/home/sites/no
nero/f1s.net/core/FrontController.php</strong> on line <strong>173</strong>
<br /><br />Backtrace --><div style="font-family:Courier;font-size:10pt"><br />
#0  Piwik\Error::errorHandler(...) called at [/home/sites/f1s.net/core/FrontController.php:173]<br />
#1  Piwik\FrontController->triggerControllerActionNotFoundError(...) called at [/home/sites/f1s.net/core/FrontController.php:129]<br />
#2  Piwik\FrontController->makeController(...) called at [/home/sites/f1s.net/core/FrontController.php:561]<br />
#3  Piwik\FrontController->doDispatch(...) called at [/home/sites/f1s.net/core/FrontController.php:86]<br />
#4  Piwik\FrontController->dispatch(...) called at [/home/sites/f1s.net/core/dispatch.php:34]<br />
#5  require_once(...) called at [/home/sites/f1s.net/index.php:47]<br />
</div><br />
 </pre></div><br />
[Mon Aug 18 01:42:09 2014] [error] [client 79.116.31.255] Error in Piwik: Action 'index' not found in the module ''.

Thanks I’ve fixed this NOTICE message in: use string name of module instead of object itself fixes #6030 · matomo-org/matomo@583a475 · GitHub

Since you have visitors, maybe the problem is that your cron archiving does not work anymore. Please setup cron as explained in How to Set up Auto-Archiving of Your Reports - Analytics Platform - Matomo

Ok …

That means, this cron is not longer needed?

/usr/bin/php5 /home/sites/f1s.net/misc/cron/archive.php -- url=http://www.f1s.net/ > /dev/null

Cheers
Torsten

With the (new) cronjob everything works fine.

Thanks.

Cheers
Torsten