Simple Image Tracker

Hi. I been using Piwik for about 1 month and love it - thanks.

I recently added the new “simple image tracker” code to my pages in addition to the regular code, so visitors with Javascript (JS) disabled are counted. I’ve since noticed I’m getting double counts, which I think is due to the following issue. Many visitors (including me) surf the web with JS disabled, and allowing JS on a case-by-case basis. What I’ve noticed in the logs is visitors are arriving with JS disabled, creating a visit in the logs. They then immediately allow JS, creating another visit count. So, does/can the Piwik heuristic be adjusted to avoid these double counts?

Thanks,
Ian

It’s a wontfix, this use case is not frequent enough to change the core algorithm

OK. I removed the SIT code from my pages as it is basically doubling my stats (and the bounce rate stat). Maybe I missed something: is the SIT tracker intended to be used exclusively, OR can it be used in addition to the standard JS tracker?

UPDATE: after looking at the stats again, I don’t think the problem is visitors reloading the pages after allowing JS…I’m seeing a double entry for every visit to each of my sites.

So, the SIT code should only be used if one is not using the JS tracking code, right? If I’m correct, it doesn’t seem very clear in the documentation/FAQs.

Thx,
Ian

where did you include the simple image tracker?
I hope only in the noscript section of the tracking code???
Otherwise you would have a regular js count and an image tracker count.

[quote=Thomas Seifert @ Jul 27 2010, 10:08 AM]where did you include the simple image tracker?
I hope only in the noscript section of the tracking code???
Otherwise you would have a regular js count and an image tracker count.[/quote]

I added the SIT code below the JS code (i.e. after the tag for the JS code). Is that incorrect?

Thx

[quote=piwikuser9721 @ Jul 27 2010, 07:59 PM]I added the SIT code below the JS code (i.e. after the tag for the JS code). Is that incorrect?

Thx[/quote]

If you want no double tracking put it into the noscript section.