Significant Difference between PIWIK and Google analytics

I keep the tracking code in the same place for both services. I review my PIWIK numbers every day. Today, I went to Google and looked at my numbers there. Google shows about 20% more aggregate visitors (repeats + uniques) for ever single period. Since the PIWIK code and the Google code are on every page in exactly the same place, it means that both services get the same number of calls. I verified with Firebug that both are called every time.

What is the reason there is such a large difference?

Could it be that adblockers block Piwik but not Google Analytics?

Can you have a look in more details at the differences, maybe some pages have more differences than others?

It’s a wordpress site that serves up every page the same way. No advertising at al. I would think that if ad blockers were involved, PIWIK would show more hits.

I’ve seen random hits on Google Analytics for pages that were never live (only the tracking ID existed). Since anyone can use Google Analytics’ API to generate behavior and tracking IDs are guessable, these may just be people spamming or generating false leads.

You might check the source of the new traffic in GA - mine were clearly not real users due to behavior and geolocation.

The users are consistent with the audience for my site. The difference is also consistently 20% higher for GA.

Do you have DoNotTrack enabled in Piwik? try disabling it.

see also Statistics from Piwik and my other web analytics tool (log analyzer, webalizer or javascript based) are different, why? - Analytics Platform - Matomo

I have the same issue. Consistently 20% difference (it can vary from 18 to 23%).
Has sombody found why this can happen?

Matt,

I do not have “do not track” enabled. The difference is absolutely consistent.

Hi, for me the difference is 25 user on line em GA anda 7 in Piwik.

How i can change the 3 minutes refresh?

I can resolved,

is very simple, change in global.ini.php:

; by default, the Live! real time visitor count widget will check to see how many visitors your
; website received in the last 3 minutes. changing this value will change the number of minutes
; the widget looks in.
live_widget_visitor_count_last_minutes = 3

to

; by default, the Live! real time visitor count widget will check to see how many visitors your
; website received in the last 3 minutes. changing this value will change the number of minutes
; the widget looks in.
live_widget_visitor_count_last_minutes = 10

thank you bende de çözüldü
http://www.ambarlicilingir.com