Show visitors cities in visitor log

Hello

I wanted to ask how can I add city to be shown in visitor’s log ?

Until now I was using GeoIP v0.17 plugin with its {$visitor.columns.city} call inside visitor log template file. It was working great.
But new Piwik version offered filtering in visitorslog, thus I just had to update.
Now after I:

1. uploaded manually maxmind’s city database (with its name changed as mentioned in FAQ)
  2. enabled geolocation (GeoIP plugin is disabled), operating in GeoIP (Php) mode
  3. reprocessed all logs through php (took about 15 mins)
    I have no idea how to show cities below refererring website or ISP (as I used to before update).
    FAQ doesn’t mention about this (or I have missed it completely) and searching on forums neither didn’t help.
    Is this even possible ?

If not, am I able to revert back to using GeoIP plugin ? Or it’s more than obsolete that it won’t even function.

edit: forgot to mention piwik’s version: 1.12

I want the same thing. The city is visible when you hover over the flag. But I want to add the country and city below the IP address on the visitor log. Please tell me how to add this.

[right][size=1]hosting[/size][/right][quote=rvdb20]
I want the same thing. The city is visible when you hover over the flag. But I want to add the country and city below the IP address on the visitor log. Please tell me how to add this.[/quote]

K, I’ve got that covered for Piwik 2.0.2 (should also work in 1.12)

1. Edit /plugins/live/templates/_dataTableViz_visitorLog.twig file.
  2. find the place you want to show the location
    I show it below provider, around line 136 of code
  3. Paste below code. It will show city if present, if not it will show general location

{% if visitor.getColumn('city') is not empty %}
  City: {{ visitor.getColumn('city') }}
  {% else %}
{% endif %}

I couldn’t get this working. I added it at row 150 in version 2.12.0, but it doesn’t display the cities. What might I be doing wrong?