"show flat" lists and filter used together causing an error

Hello all,

I am trying to do the following:

• report “Starting pages” (Aktionen->Eingangsseiten in the german interface)
  • interval any (1 day, 1 week, 1 month, …)
  • at the end of the list choose “show flat”
  • then apply a filter (inserting a keyword in the textbox at the end of the list)

The error I see is (if I manually open the url in the browser):

The DataTable object has not yet been created

Stacktrace:
#0 /path/to/piwik/plugins/Actions/Controller.php(386): Piwik_ViewDataTable->getDataTable()
#1 /path/to/piwik/plugins/Actions/Controller.php(332): Piwik_Actions_Controller->configureGenericViewActions(Object(Piwik_ViewDataTable_HtmlTable))
#2 /path/to/piwik/plugins/Actions/Controller.php(81): Piwik_Actions_Controller->configureViewActions(Object(Piwik_ViewDataTable_HtmlTable))
#3 [internal function]: Piwik_Actions_Controller->getEntryPageUrls()
#4 /path/to/piwik/core/FrontController.php(138): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#5 /path/to/piwik/index.php(53): Piwik_FrontController->dispatch()
#6 {main}

The url is like:
http://server/piwik/index.php?filter_column=label&filter_column_recursive=label&idGoal=-1&filter_sort_order=desc&filter_offset=0&keep_summary_row=0&module=Actions&action=getEntryPageUrls&date=2012-10-02&period=year&idSite=6&enable_sort=1&filter_sort_column=entry_nb_visits&filter_limit=100&search_recursive=1&viewDataTable=table&controllerActionCalledWhenRequestSubTable=getEntryPageUrlsSubDataTable&totalRows=4322&enable_filter_excludelowpop=0&flat=1&include_aggregate_rows=0&filter_pattern_recursive=(keyword)

Can anyone confirm that this is a general issue? If this is the case, I’ll report it as a bug.

Can you reproduce on the demo.piwik.org ?

What timeout have you got set in PIwik Settings > General Settings ? is it set to 10 seconds ? try to increase it to 180 and try again?

[quote=matt]
Can you reproduce on the demo.piwik.org ?

What timeout have you got set in PIwik Settings > General Settings ? is it set to 10 seconds ? try to increase it to 180 and try again?[/quote]

Hi Matt,

unfortunately on demo.piwik.org the list of URLs is already flat (i.e. I see no option to flatten it) and the search works (as it does on my site), however, if I manually alter the url adding the “flat=1” parameter like this:

http://demo.piwik.org/index.php?filter_column=label&filter_column_recursive=label&filter_sort_order=desc&filter_offset=0&keep_summary_row=0&module=Actions&action=getEntryPageUrls&idSite=7&period=year&date=2012-10-03&enable_sort=1&filter_sort_column=entry_nb_visits&filter_limit=100&search_recursive=1&viewDataTable=table&controllerActionCalledWhenRequestSubTable=getEntryPageUrlsSubDataTable&totalRows=17&enable_filter_excludelowpop=0&flat=1&filter_pattern_recursive=list.php

It does show the same error as my site, so I guess is a general issue.

Edit: about the timeout, I set it to 14400 (since I am using the archive.php script to generate the reports).

Should I open a bug on trac?

Best regards,
Daniele

Yes, please create a bug on trac & post all info above :slight_smile: Thanks for the report!