Setup error "Your Piwik configuration file appears to be misconfigured"

I’m trying to reinstall piwik after deleting the previous piwik folder and keep getting this error at the first page of the setup after typing in the path to the piwik folder:

Your Piwik configuration file appears to be misconfigured. You can either remove config/config.ini.php and resume installation, or correct the database connection settings.

SQLSTATE[28000] [1045] Access denied for user ‘althealt_piwik’@‘localhost’ (using password: YES)

Where should the config.ini.php be located ? I’ve already created the DB/user/password but cannot get to that point in the setup to fill in the details.

I also came across one reference that says this message means I need to activate the PDO php extension. That was already in place.

I deleted the piwik folder again and reuploaded the latest install in binary mode and still get this same error.

it sounds like maybe the mysql password or hostname changed and now piwik cant connect to mysql

It had something to do with the old install, Servint my hosting company got it running. They Rock !