SEO Web Vitals: Interaction to next Paint

Hello,
as Google is replacing the FID Metric with Interaction to next paint (INP) in March 2024, when will/can this metric be added to the Matomo Web Vitals plugin?

Many thanks
Luka

Hi @Lukavar.Thanks for sending your request and suggestion. This feature request is tracked in our backlog. We’re hoping it will get done in the next 6-12 months, but as of now, we cannot give an exact date when it will be implemented.

1 Like

Hello Emerson, thanks for your feedback. Do you happen to have a more concrete timeline by now? If Google really makes that switch of metrics end of Q1, the existing Matomo plugin won’t be that helpful

Hello @Lukavar. This feature is already available in Matomo v5.0.3. If you are using Matomo version 5.0.0, please update to the latest version.

Hi @Emerson_N that’s great to hear!
Latest version I see here https://matomo.org/changelog/ is 5.0.1 though, so it will take a bit more time before 5.0.3 is available?

Hi again @Lukavar. I’m sorry for the confusion. To clarify, this feature is already available with SEO Web Vitas v5.0.3.

Got it! Thank you very much

Hi @Emerson_N we upgraded and can see the metric in the top level tables!
Will it also be added to the audit lab data (the subtables for individual pages that come from Google Page Speed Insights API? We found this quite useful and it would complete the change.
Many thanks
Luka

1 Like

Hi @Lukavar ,

Can you please get in touch with our support team at shop@matomo.org

1 Like

Hello Emerson, thanks for your feedback. Do you happen to have a more concrete timeline by now?

Hello @Lukavar I do apologize as we can’t provide any timeline as of the moment. Rest assured that we’ll keep this topic updated if it’s already implemented.