Segmentation fault error

Hello

I install piwik on new server: CentOS 5.5 64bit, MySQL 5.1.56, PHP Version 5.3.6, apache 2.2.17.
I just add first web site(about 20000 user per day and 60000 action) and receive many errors from archive.sh script.

/usr/local/apache2/htdocs/misc/cron/archive.sh: line 73: 23181 Segmentation fault $CMD
zend_mm_heap corrupted
/usr/local/apache2/htdocs/misc/cron/archive.sh: line 73: 23078 Segmentation fault $CMD
/usr/local/apache2/htdocs/misc/cron/archive.sh: line 73: 22983 Segmentation fault $CMD
/usr/local/apache2/htdocs/misc/cron/archive.sh: line 73: 22936 Segmentation fault $CMD
/usr/local/apache2/htdocs/misc/cron/archive.sh: line 73: 22833 Segmentation fault $CMD
/usr/local/apache2/htdocs/misc/cron/archive.sh: line 73: 22759 Segmentation fault $CMD
/usr/local/apache2/htdocs/misc/cron/archive.sh: line 73: 22703 Segmentation fault $CMD
/usr/local/apache2/htdocs/misc/cron/archive.sh: line 73: 22658 Segmentation fault $CMD

php info in attachment

If PHP crashes, it’s typically either a bad build or a bug in PHP. Try recompiling php with debug (i.e., —enable-debug). Then using gdb, run php with the args shown in archive.sh. You should be able to then get a backtrace that you can report to bugs.php.net.

(BTW I also recommend that you build php with --with-curl and --enable-mbstring.)

I try install piwik on new server: CentOS 6 64bit, PHP Version 5.3.8, apache 2.2.20. Dedicated Mysql server: CentOS 6 64bit, MySQL 5.1.58

PHP configure command: ‘./configure’ ‘–prefix=/usr/local/php’ ‘–with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs’ ‘–with-zlib’ ‘–with-pdo-mysql’ ‘–with-gd’ ‘–enable-mbstring’ ‘–with-openssl’ ‘–with-curl’ ‘–with-libdir=lib64’ ‘–with-mysqli’

php.ini:
max_execution_time = 3600 ; Maximum execution time of each script, in seconds
max_input_time = 120 ; Maximum amount of time each script may spend parsing request data
memory_limit = 756M
display_errors = Off
log_errors = On
error_log = /mnt/apache/log/php.log
file_uploads = Off
expose_php = Off
open_basedir = Off
upload_tmp_dir = On
session.save_path = /usr/local/apache2/tmp
session.auto_start = 0
upload_tmp_dir = /usr/local/apache2/tmp
magic_quotes_gpc = Off
allow_call_time_pass_reference = On

I try to use pdo-mysql and mysqli connect. I will often get an error “archive.sh: line 73: Segmentation fault” when performing cron job. I can not understand how this could be a php bug

php 5.2.x work fine

I’ve the same issue. It went better after setting memory_limit = 3096M . But even, about every 3-4 times the archive.sh crashes mit segmentation fault.

I have the same problem with CentOS 6 64bit + php 5.3.8 (from remi repository) + Piwik 1.6. The archive.sh crashes always.

The database is rather large (250K impressions per day, > 1000 sites).

I know that PHP itself should never crash, but this actually happened only after upgrading Piwik from 1.5.1 to 1.6…

=>?