Search field malfunction

Hi, I have a problem with the admin dashboard and the search-field in the left top.

Is someone able to find out what’s wrong here?

Thanks in advance.

Hi there, please try upgrade to our latest RC: I would like to test early beta and RC releases, how do I enable automatic updates to use these development versions? - Analytics Platform - Matomo

Now I’ve tried that, but it doesn’t fix the problem.

I currently got version: 2.16.1-rc1.

I have attached a screendump here.

I had and, after upgrading to 2.17.1, still have the same problem. The console shows an Angular error:

2index.php?module=Proxy&action=getCoreJs&cb=e49795b…:205 Error: [$compile:multidir] http://errors.angularjs.org/1.2.28/$compile/multidir?p0=piwikQuickAccess&p1…D%22view.searchActive%20%3D%20false%3B%22%20piwik-quick-access%3D%22%22%3E
    at index.php?module=Proxy&action=getCoreJs&cb=e49795b…:119
    at fb (index.php?module=Proxy&action=getCoreJs&cb=e49795b…:174)
    at I (index.php?module=Proxy&action=getCoreJs&cb=e49795b…:170)
    at index.php?module=Proxy&action=getCoreJs&cb=e49795b…:173
    at index.php?module=Proxy&action=getCoreJs&cb=e49795b…:185
    at J (index.php?module=Proxy&action=getCoreJs&cb=e49795b…:214)
    at index.php?module=Proxy&action=getCoreJs&cb=e49795b…:215
    at h.$eval (index.php?module=Proxy&action=getCoreJs&cb=e49795b…:226)
    at h.$digest (index.php?module=Proxy&action=getCoreJs&cb=e49795b…:223)
    at h.$apply (index.php?module=Proxy&action=getCoreJs&cb=e49795b…:226)

Also, before that, there is a warning concerning synchronous XHR:

index.php?module=Proxy&action=getCoreJs&cb=e49795b…:6 Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user's experience. For more help, check https://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/.

This is on Chrome Version 54.0.2840.98 (64-bit, Mac OSX 10.11.6), all extensions (like AddBlock) turned off.

Developers, if you are reading this: should I bug report this? (I am not too familiar with Angular, could just be my server …)

Thanks!

@rowild could you try our 3.0.0 release candidate: I would like to test early beta and RC releases, how do I enable automatic updates to use these development versions? - Analytics Platform - Piwik and if you have a problem there please create a bug report :thumbsup:

Thanks for your response (but it is the same suggestion that was given before and at other places, when people had problems with the version before. This is stange… very Microsoft…)

BTW: my MySQL version does not support LOAD DATA INFILE. Could that be a problem, too?

Any chance to fix 2.17???

Hello, we give you the likely answer to your problem but you didn’t read or try it it looks like?

Ahem… sorry, but… “the likely answer”? You mean trying rc3? Well… sorry, but that is not an answer to the problem, is it? There were similar answers, when the problem was posted with 2.14, 2.15 etc, and updating was not the solution.

RC3 works, but that does not solve the problem with v2. So i wonder: is my error report any good? Is the MySQL question (that is not answered) a possible reason?

Im not sure but another solution could be: I get 'Oops... there was a problem during the request.' or 'Internal Server Error' or '500 error' or the 'White screen of death'. How do I proceed? - Analytics Platform - Matomo