Save Old Statistics

We have moved our web site to a new hosting company. We tried to save our historical information from the old hosting site by exporting the sql database and then importing it to the new hosting site. That did not work the statistics work fine but started over from the date we moved the web site.
Is there anyway to copy the old piwik directories to the new web hosting site or to our local server’s hard drive so we can at least look up historical stats without erasing the current piwik stats that are working fine but are incomplete? We would like to do this before our old hosting site is shut off and our files deleted.

Yes you can migrate the full SQL database and then you could access all your data. See FAQ for more info on how to migrate

I have not been able to import the database to my new server because of size limitations. Can I just move the historical data some where and only access that separate data for review and let my current statistics continue as is?

I have:

1. Copied all of the piwik files and folders from the old host and placed them in a folder called piwikold.
  2. Have successfully exported and imported the sql database to the new sql database on new host and called it piwikold.
  3. Have modified the config.ini.php file under the piwikold\config folder to what I think should be the correct settings (see below).
  4. I am getting the attached error message.
  5. What additional changes do I need to make?

Thanks for your help and really love your product!

; <?php exit; ?> DO NOT REMOVE THIS LINE
; file automatically generated or modified by Piwik; you can manually override the default values in global.ini.php by redefining them in this file.
[superuser]
login = "blss"
password = "The correct password"
email = "genen@blss.com"
salt = “e08f913bd1fef3ea76ba0536c934e84e”

[database]
host = "localhost"
username = "blssco5"
password = "the correct password"
dbname = "blssco5_piwikold"
tables_prefix = "piwik_"
adapter = "PDO_MYSQL"
port = 3306
charset = “utf8”

[PluginsInstalled]
PluginsInstalled[] = "Login"
PluginsInstalled[] = "CoreAdminHome"
PluginsInstalled[] = "UsersManager"
PluginsInstalled[] = "SitesManager"
PluginsInstalled[] = "Installation"
PluginsInstalled[] = "CorePluginsAdmin"
PluginsInstalled[] = "CoreHome"
PluginsInstalled[] = "Proxy"
PluginsInstalled[] = "API"
PluginsInstalled[] = "Widgetize"
PluginsInstalled[] = "LanguagesManager"
PluginsInstalled[] = "Actions"
PluginsInstalled[] = "Dashboard"
PluginsInstalled[] = "MultiSites"
PluginsInstalled[] = "Referers"
PluginsInstalled[] = "UserSettings"
PluginsInstalled[] = "Goals"
PluginsInstalled[] = "SEO"
PluginsInstalled[] = "UserCountry"
PluginsInstalled[] = "VisitsSummary"
PluginsInstalled[] = "VisitFrequency"
PluginsInstalled[] = "VisitTime"
PluginsInstalled[] = "VisitorInterest"
PluginsInstalled[] = "ExampleAPI"
PluginsInstalled[] = "ExamplePlugin"
PluginsInstalled[] = "ExampleRssWidget"
PluginsInstalled[] = "ExampleFeedburner"
PluginsInstalled[] = "Provider"
PluginsInstalled[] = "Feedback"
PluginsInstalled[] = "CoreUpdater"
PluginsInstalled[] = "PDFReports"
PluginsInstalled[] = "UserCountryMap"
PluginsInstalled[] = "Live"
PluginsInstalled[] = "CustomVariables"
PluginsInstalled[] = "PrivacyManager"
PluginsInstalled[] = “ImageGraph”

[mail]
defaultHostnameIfEmpty = "defaultHostnameIfEmpty.example.org"
transport = ""
port = ""
host = ""
type = ""
username = ""
password = ""
encryption = “”

[branding]
use_custom_logo = 1

Still working on this.
Re installed piwik to piwikold folder.
Now can sign on to piwik but have lost all history.
When I go to the calender it shows one day instead of back to August 2011 as it should.
How can I see my history?

; <?php exit; ?> DO NOT REMOVE THIS LINE
; file automatically generated or modified by Piwik; you can manually override the default values in global.ini.php by redefining them in this file.
[superuser]
login = "blss"
email = "genen@blss.com"
salt = “f6886099872000c680866448f4b6af26”

[database]
host = "localhost"
username = "blssco5"
dbname = "blssco5_piwikold"
tables_prefix = "piwik_"
adapter = "PDO_MYSQL"
port = 3306
charset = “utf8”

[PluginsInstalled]
PluginsInstalled[] = "Login"
PluginsInstalled[] = "CoreAdminHome"
PluginsInstalled[] = "UsersManager"
PluginsInstalled[] = "SitesManager"
PluginsInstalled[] = "Installation"
PluginsInstalled[] = "CorePluginsAdmin"
PluginsInstalled[] = "CoreHome"
PluginsInstalled[] = "Proxy"
PluginsInstalled[] = "API"
PluginsInstalled[] = "Widgetize"
PluginsInstalled[] = "LanguagesManager"
PluginsInstalled[] = "Actions"
PluginsInstalled[] = "Dashboard"
PluginsInstalled[] = "MultiSites"
PluginsInstalled[] = "Referers"
PluginsInstalled[] = "UserSettings"
PluginsInstalled[] = "Goals"
PluginsInstalled[] = "SEO"
PluginsInstalled[] = "UserCountry"
PluginsInstalled[] = "VisitsSummary"
PluginsInstalled[] = "VisitFrequency"
PluginsInstalled[] = "VisitTime"
PluginsInstalled[] = "VisitorInterest"
PluginsInstalled[] = "ExampleAPI"
PluginsInstalled[] = "ExamplePlugin"
PluginsInstalled[] = "ExampleRssWidget"
PluginsInstalled[] = "ExampleFeedburner"
PluginsInstalled[] = "Provider"
PluginsInstalled[] = "Feedback"
PluginsInstalled[] = "CoreUpdater"
PluginsInstalled[] = "PDFReports"
PluginsInstalled[] = "UserCountryMap"
PluginsInstalled[] = "Live"
PluginsInstalled[] = "CustomVariables"
PluginsInstalled[] = "PrivacyManager"
PluginsInstalled[] = “ImageGraph”

I guess my question after all of the trouble shooting is what tells piwik the date range that is available for selection when looking up historical stats. I have an sql database successfully installed that has information back to July 12, 2011 but when I try to use the calender look up it only shows today’s date available. How do I open up the date selection back to July 12, 2011?

Further information, data.jpg shows the piwikold sql database with data from July 2011 thru April 2012.
data1.jpg shows the piwik sql database currently being used on a daily basis, with data from July 2011 thru April 2012.
data3.jpg shows the size of the 2 sql files that support the fact that there is several months of data in each database.

When acessing piwikold I can only see 2 days of information April 4 (installation date), thru April 5th  2012.
When acessing piwik (currently being used),  I can only see information from March 23  (installation date), thru April 5th 2012.

So the question is, if the data is there how can I change the Date Selection feature to allow me to select and report on the data actually in the database that was collected before piwik was re-installed on the new host server?

How do I open up the date selection back to July 12, 2011?

you can update ts_created to the timestamp of July 2011 in the mysql table piwik_site

What directory would that be in?

Is this the table Value? If so what field would I change and to what value?

Don’t change the column, edit the row for the website and set the ts_created to the date needed (or put a timestamp see Online Conversion - Unix time conversion)

Sorry, but I am not that familiar with changing sql databases it seems that I can only change the column, Do you not how to change the row? This is the screen I see when I try to edit any values.

I was able to change the ts_created value in piwik_site table to allow the date selection back to July 12, 2011 but when I try to look up history for any dates It gives me no data history at all just attached report. Is there something else I need to change?

Report comes out like first attachment should look like second attachment.

Last thing to try: delete all piwik_archive_* tables (ONLY do this if you do NOT use “Delete old logs”) and then refresh ?

That did not work. Could it be comparing the ip address of the original server to the ip address of the current server and suppressing the report output that way?

Still not able to see history on new web hosting server. Only have 4 days left under the old web hosting company. Any other things to check or change?