Row evolution graph issues in v2.3.0

Hi all,

I updated from 1.1* to 2.3.0 the other day and am not too happy with the way the row evolution graph view works now.
(I’m using the german version, so excuse me if i should use incorrect english terms here.)
First I noticed that the “Durchschnittliche Generierungszeit” (average generation time?) in row evolution is now granulated to full seconds which to me makes it pretty irrelevant. I spent some time optimizing page speed recently and PIWIK row evolutions graphs where a really useful tool to monitor the overall effects - as shown by milliseconds. In full seconds its mere flatline.
I guess, this change is on purpose, but I wonder, what’s the benefit of it.
By the way I found out that the display of milliseconds still is possible, but it’s available only in multirow evolution graphs (“Entwicklung von mehreren Zeilen”).
Is there any way to get the granulation to milliseconds back generally?

Second one seems to me more of a real bug.
As best way of describing it, here’s the way to reproduce:

• Open row evolution graph
  • Change the metric to display to any other than “page views”- works
  • Change report timespan to - let’s say - 90 days or whatever - metric flips back to “page views” (which is a bit annoying, but now new)
  • Again choose another metric - nothing happens - Firefox error console prompts "Error: No plot target specified"
    I tried this in latest FF, IE, Chrome, Safari, Opera with the same result

I hope I didn’t bring up topics that where already discussed, but I didn’t find any related entries in forums or issue-tracker.
I would really appreciate any hints as I hold the row evolution graphs as well as PIWIK in general as highly effective analytic tools.

TIA & regards

1. can you post a screenshot where the Average time is shown in seconds? from what I can see it shows 2 numbers after the second

2. could you create a bug report in the Issue tracker,with steps to reproduce, and screenshot showing problem / js error? thanks

Hi Matt,

thank you very much for your reply.

As for issue 1, I attached a screenshot showing the average generation time displayed in full seconds in the row evolution graph.

Furthermore I posted a ticket concerning issue 2 in the issue tracker:

regards

Sorry, I guess I was just double posting, I didn’t notice this is moderated.

regards

EDIT: Ah, so this post does show in the forum. Probably its because of the attached screenshots, that the other posts have to be confirmed first(?)

EDIT2: Well, this still shows, with attachment. So I might as well add my message here:

Hi Matt,

thank you very much for your reply.

I attached a screenshot showing the average generation time displayed in full seconds in the row evolution graph.

Furthermore I posted a ticket concerning the second issue in the issue tracker:

regards

Hi Matt, Hi all,

I have just discovered that the issue of generation time shown in full seconds does not occur if I switch the language setting to english.
This kind of solves the problem for me at the moment.
Anyway, there seems to be some trouble with (at least) the german language version.

regards

@LDX thanks for report. would you mind creating a ticket in our issue tracker, for this bug report? we will take a look at it at some point.

@Matt: I have now reported this issue, too:

I must admit the other one is far more important to me - hopefully there will be a fix some time soon ;o)

Thanks again for replying.
regards

Just got the update to 2.4.0. The second of the issues mentioned above is fixed in this version - great!
Issue 1 is still there, but, anyway, I’ll just stick with the english version for the moment.

Thanks for the efforts PIWIK-Team!