Restricted user access

I want to make user accounts for clients, but they are not that computer savvy. The menu options open up a lot of questions I do not want to answer. (What is an api for?)

The easiest way for me was to edit the css and set the style to display: none, but that hid it from me as well. Is there a way to restrict users even more? I would rather them not clicking update whenever they want. Could I have one css for users and one a for superuser? It looks like a plugin can add menu items, but can one hide them from a particular user?

I know I could make a secure page then put a widget on it for them, but they will always ask for by day then by week, etc…

Email reports would be nice too.

there is currently no way to hide some menus from some users.
only the super admin can execute the update even though all users would see that Piwik has a new version available

I agree, there needs to be a way for only admin to see system message and certain menu items.

I’m looking at this myself right now. There is an absence of isUserIsSuperUser in the API which I found odd, otherwise it could be done as a permission setting…unless I’m mistaken.