Reset master password

Hi,
I have lost my password for my own site, and I’m not even sure what the user name is. How can I reset the password or add a new admin user from the back-end? Is there any way?

thanks
Henrik

For Piwik 0.4.3 (and earlier): Click on the “lost password” link on the Login form. A new password will be sent to your registered email address.

For Piwik 0.4.4: Click on the “lost password” link on the Login form. A link to the Password Reset form will be sent to your registered email address.

If you don’t have mail set-up, you’ll have to edit either config/config.ini.php or the piwik_user table. Passwords are saved as an md5 hash.

Hi,

Oops, I have forgotten my Login password for Piwik on my website.

Maybe the reset password is not working??

I type in the User name, and click Lost Your Password? The message is Enter A New Password For Your Account. So I enter the password (twice) an dthe error message is Invalid username or email address.

Please coudl someone help me to log back into Piwik :frowning:

Thank you in advance.

Paul

Searching the Piwik website for “reset password” soon leads you to:

How do I change the Super User’s password when password recovery emails are not sent?

David55,

Thanks for the link.

I have never used SQL before - so this was my first venture. i followed the instructions and opened my SQL database and saw that my user name was different than i thought.

Mmmm, sorry about that. Duh!

Thanks again though.

Paul