Required PHP configuration (php.ini)

Hello every expert, this is kami. I’m trying to install free piwik on my site Syed Kamran and i’m facing this error “To prevent some critical issue, you must set the following in your php.ini file: always_populate_raw_post_data=-1
After making this change, restart your web server”. I always face this error whenever i try to install, but today i contacted hostgator they said everything is ok at our end please contact piwik that’s why i’m asking for help here. Thanks in advance to everyone.

Hi,

This is a recurring question on the forum and I have written an extensive answer in simple words here:

To sum it up: An older PHP version (5.6) has an bug which causes PHP to do unexpected things when always_populate_raw_post_data is enabled. Even when you disable it (set it to 0) php still shows (wrong) warnings which may break piwik.
To avoid this you need to set always_populate_raw_post_data=-1 in the php.ini.

Another (and maybe even better solution) would be upgrading to php 7 or later as this also avoids the issue.

please tell me the path ,where can i find php.ini in my hosting?

I can’t really help you with that as it depends on the server and the hosting where to find it. There are also many shared Hosters where only the support can change it.