RealTime log shows visitors, all other stats read zero since 2.0

I upgraded to 2.0 yesterday, and immediately afterwards it seemed like my stats had reset - they were reading lower than before the update, but I figured it would sort itself out.

This morning the dash shows all websites at zero. Live visitor tracking still shows visits, so I know the tracking tag works and Piwik is working, it’s just not … I dunno? It’s not saving or storing or accumulating the results?

There are no errors in the PHP error log, and Piwik’s system check reports only that it’d be nice if it had the FILE permission, which is optional. All other checks pass.

I don’t know what to check next. Any advice would be appreciated.

Which PHP version are you using?

PHP version 5.3.6

Same here
PHP 5.3

I have the same problem with PHP 5.4.4-14 (Debian)
Live visitor tracking is working, all other statistics show “0” since the date I installed piwik 2.0.
I can find no errors in my apache error logs.

There might be a problem with the time zone?
I am on UTC+1 and also use that time zone in the Piwik Websites Management.

From 0:00 to 1:00 Piwik showed no visits or other data (only the visitors in realtime).
Since 1:01 (UTC 0:00) Piwik started counting again and the statistic are working again.

Can it be that Piwik uses UTC Time and not UTC+1 in my case for the dashboard and other statistics?

Same problem too on php 5.2

[quote=swmsherl]
There might be a problem with the time zone?
I am on UTC+1 and also use that time zone in the Piwik Websites Management.[/quote]

You might be on to something, it started recording visits at about 9am this morning.

Strange.

The default All Visits have been showing “There is no data for this report” for Keywords, Referrer Websites, search engine Overview, Search Engines, etc. Yet, the graph shows visits, Visitors in Real-Time works, Visitor Browser works, etc.

If I switch from All Visits to any of my filters, the data shows up in those previously described as with zero data.

Also, it looks like the zero thing aplies to the main dashboard only. If I go to any other tab, the data is there.

If I remember correctly, and I can’t check because it’s after 9am, if there’s no data in the dashboard there’s no data in the individual site views, on my server.

Updated yesterday evening and got the same problem today.

Changing “Report date to load by default” under Settings/User Settings from Previous 30 days (not including today) to Last 30 days (including today) works fine.

I will see what hapend tomorow…

Hi there,

Do the reports show “no data” only in the dashboard or everywhere?

If only in the dashboard: can you try to create a new Custom dashboard.

If data doesn’t show anywhere, can you setup: How to Set up Auto-Archiving of Your Reports - Analytics Platform - Matomo as it may help

We will release 2.0.1 soon which may help a bit, let us know…

Matt: it doesn’t show anywhere, but after 9am it starts working fine. if I select ‘yesterday’ as a time period the dash reports accurate whole-day numbers.

My guess is a time zone bug?

Creating a new dashboard did not help. Still says “There is no data for this report.” Other tabs show data.

And the problem shows for last 30 days not including today. If I choose last 30 days including today, all the data shows up.

There is definitely a problem with time zones.
I am on UTC+1.

Since two days I can see the following:
Piwik works normally from 1.00 to 24:00.
But from 0:00 to 1:00 NO visits are counted. I only see “0” on all statistics (dashboard and all other pages). At 1:00 everything starts to work again.

I agree, there is serious bug in version 2.0. It does appear to have to do with time zones.

I did a fresh install yesterday of 2.0. Activity was being recorded correctly for most of today. But then at some point the widgets stopped showing new activity. Come to find out the system thinks that activity is happening tomorrow. But we haven’t reached tomorrow yet. I am on New York time.

We will definitely investigate and fix, but will need a bit of time. One note: the data should always be tracked in the DB, the bug is only with “displaying” the data with regards to timezones. stay tuned

[quote=sascha.heil]
Updated yesterday evening and got the same problem today.

Changing “Report date to load by default” under Settings/User Settings from Previous 30 days (not including today) to Last 30 days (including today) works fine.

I will see what hapend tomorow…[/quote]

Since piwik 2.0.1 the problem changed. Now I get “no data” when using Last 30 days (including today) and it works fine with Previous 30 days (not including today)

I just updated to 2.0.1 and it’s still the same. No data for Previous 30 days (not including today), but there’s data for Last 30 days (including today).

Thanks for the report. Here is the ticket where we will keep track of it.

If you have clear idea of when data is not available please post in the ticke to confirm you are all experiencing same issue. thanks & we hope to have a fix soon, once we do we’ll release 2.0.2 !