Real-time visitors count for last 24 hours always same as last 30 minutes... why?

This has been a problem for me for the last few versions I used… 1.1, 1.8, 2.0-b1… so frustrating…

Thats not the biggest problem however.

Up untill just freshly installing 2.0-b1 (which didn’t track anything until I overwrote piwik.js & piwik.php with files from 2.0-a14) no data was correct. Goals, visitors, etc… everything was wrong all the time. Each visitor also = goal conversion to piwik…

So for me, 2.0 has been the only version “MOSTLY” working… just in terms of showing counts, goal counts, etc… havent tried reports yet.

I’m trying to tackle one issue at a time… can ANYONE PLEASE tell me what to do about this real-time visitor count issue?

What can cause the real-time visitor widget to show same count for last 24 hours and last 30 minutes?

And yes… definitely have more than 30 min worth of visits. And the piwik system check shows all green checkmarks. Also… archive log doesn’t report anything.

Please… anyone?

[ul]
[li] CENTOS 6.4 x86_64
[/li][li] Apache/2.2.22 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.22 OpenSSL/1.0.0-fips mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635
[/li][li] PHP 5.3.8 , Zend Engine v2.3.0 , ionCube PHP Loader v4.0.12 , Zend Guard Loader v3.3 , Suhosin v0.9.33
[/li][li] MySQL: 5.0.96-community-log MySQL Community Edition
[/li][li] modsecurity-apache_2.6.3/
[/li][li] ConfigServer Security & Firewall - csf v6.36
[/li][/ul]

[ul]
[li] Not finding any errors in logs
[/li][li] Tried disabling suhosin
[/li][li] Added whitelist rule for modsec
[/li][/ul]

What else to do? Any php/suhosin/modsec configs to check?

Thank you in advance.

please post some screenshots? this sounds like it should not happen

Thanks for your reply. Here’s the screenshot. I set it to report date range, and also see those error messages which I’m not sure why.

Also, noticed that when clicking profile icon for a visitor, it keeps showing me the same profile no matter which visitor I click on.

Direct link to uploaded image: 301 Moved Permanently

Unfortunately I cannot reproduce the issue. Also looks like you got some strange errors in other widgets… maybe you have changed some settings or some code?

No code changes. Settings:
adapter = "MYSQLI"
charset = "utf8"
use_third_party_id_cookie = 1
cookie_path = /
visit_standard_length = 3600
window_look_back_for_visitor = 86400

This issue doesn’t seem to be very common among other user installs. So, what can I look into? There has to be something causing this. I’ve provided info about the system… what else can I provide to get some ideas? I need something… is piwik tested with such system? Suhosin, modsec, etc… is there some configs for these or other that are causing this?

I was not able to find solid info on running piwik with all of these security/hardening solutions, so don’t know what to do.

I would appreciate some suggestions to troubleshoot.

Thank you

can you try remove window_look_back_for_visitor = 86400 from config file , wait 1 day, and does it work better?
if so I think it would be a bug so please let me know here!

Thanks for reply Matt… just saw this. However, I’ve upgraded PHP and MYSQL and one of the two (or both) fixed all the problems… :slight_smile: Happy camper now.

New versions: php 5.3.27 and mysql 5.1.70