Raw logs deleted without my permission

Hello Matomo Teams!

Does the PrivacyManager plugin that automatically deletes raw logs work even if “delete_logs_enable” is set to 0 (disable)?

version :4.10.0

Good question, I see nothing in the FAQ talking about this configuration… And changing values in the Privacy > Anonymize Data > Regularly delete old raw data doesn’t affect the configuration file…
@innocraft, could you detail the difference between the configuration file and the privacy manager?

Hi @okumuryu,

If delete_logs_enable is set to 0 or empty it won’t automatically delete anything. But the PrivacyManager plugin is also the plugin that is used to delete visits using the GDPR tools. So it can still be used for that if delete_logs_enable is set to 0 as that only enables or disables the automatic log deletion

Hope this helps clarify your concerns,

Thank you for reply!

But the PrivacyManager plugin is also the plugin that is used to delete visits using the GDPR tools.

If I disable the PrivacyManager plugin, is it correct that the automatic deletion of past raw logs will not work?
(This is not realistic as it would violate GDPR.)
I am concerned that the PrivacyManager plugin is working correctly because the delete_logs_enable is set to 0 or empty, but the past raw logs are automatically deleted.

Hi @okumuryu

If this plugin is disabled and delete_logs_enable is set to 0 nothing will be deleted automatically…

Sorry I don’t understand your usecase…