Purge old logs doesn´t work

Hello,

I have enabled “purge old logs” in the privacy settings but it seems that nothing happened. The job should have been run this night. How can I check the job or manually start it from the command line?

DB Size is 25GB.
Piwik Version 1.6

I would like to delete all data older than 2010.

Greetings

Markus

What does the Piwik UI say in the Privacy page? Does it “believe” it ran last night?

Also, can you see if any records were deleted from piwik_log_visit ?

The job is working.
I think the problem ist the limitation that only 1000.000 entrys will be deleted each run. That´s only a small part of my data. So I have to change the purge settings every day. That´s not very comfortable.

How can I delete all data older than 2010 in one run?

That´s only a small part of my data. So I have to change the purge settings every day. That´s not very comfortable.

What exact setting do you have to change every day?

The setting should be updated in config/config.ini.php under:

[Deletelogs]
; means 500,000 rows by default to delete.
delete_max_rows_per_run = 500

I would like to delete all data older than 01.01.2010. So I have to calculate the days from 01.01.2010 until today. In one run only a part of the data will be deleted because the maximum is 1000.000 entrys. So the next day I have to change the number of days in the settings. If I don´t change the settings it will delete data younger than 01.01.2010.

I see, in this case I recommend you purge logs older than 12 months

Thanks. This will solve my problem:

My job was running several days an now all data older than 01.01.2010 is deleted. The archive_blob tables from 2009 are empty., but there are still entries in the archive_numeric tables from 2009. As you can see in the attachement. Why were they not deleted?