Public Stats

Maybe a setting to allow a public stats page that just shows basic information such as total visits, top pages, etc.

You can use the widgets for that. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif

The issue with widgets is that all users get view access to your stats - which can be a good or bad thing.

“Embed your stats in your website!”

Yes that is good!

But can piwik do such simple thing like one line of stats.

For example.

Now online 34 | Visits Today 456 | Yesterday 344 | Total 3456363774

[quote=alfalive @ Jan 22 2009, 03:44 PM]“Embed your stats in your website!”

Yes that is good!

But can piwik do such simple thing like one line of stats.

For example.

Now online 34 | Visits Today 456 | Yesterday 344 | Total 3456363774[/quote]

Probably could use the API to create something like that.

I think something like what alfa suggested would be a great feature, but if this is doable from the api I’d be curious as to how.

Its always good to integrate widgets to customize it.

And it is the easiest way to do it!

There are a couple of approaches being considered.

One would be a widget specific authorization so you aren’t disclosing your token_auth.

The other approach is to use the API, and build your own charts. If the charts are publicly visible, you’d roll your own charts on the server to avoid disclosing your token_auth.

Wow! Thank you so much. I tried a lot of time style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

I’d also appreciate a feature like alfalive suggested.
A text only widget showing the “online users” and “daily users”, somehow easy to customiz.

Thanks for the widgets information, very helpfull.

also i would be happy if Piwik would have better looking interface. i use Piwik coz it’s great, but it hurts my eyez style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif
I also think some thing are too “repeatable” in the interface. but maybe that’s just me, I’m still new to it.

Love those widgets…make my life easier…gone are the days when I have to digg inside those html

Thanks for the info, it helped me a lot

Hey guys:
New here…

I read what alfalive said on custimizing the stats.
Is it possible to be even more specific?

Q1. Can we have it display the number of users from
each city and state in Real time Or at least a
summary of them for the week, day, or month?

For example:

weekly results:
Jan 09, >
week 1 > city, ca > 25, city, new york > 35, etc.

**Q2. Can this be specific for Each site?

This would be useful for marketing purposes and we would know how well campaigns were working.

Please link to any good information on how to do this or please post the information here so we can all set this up. This will really benefit us all:)

Q3. And can you guys elaborate on how to set this up please?

Thanks guys:)
Hope you can help

SEO-772

I’d just like an old fashioned page counter. A widget would be fine, and I don’t mind if it exposes the stats for my entire site.
Is there a specific widget for this, or do I have to write my own?