Providers Resolution

Hi Folks,

Just installed Piwik 1.6 in my hosting space to track a new web site I’ve created and I have to say it’s amazing! I thought I was quite technical, but this think is like magic! I’m most impressed. The installation was a fully automated “one click” job from my hosting site’s control panel.

The only thing that I can’t seem to get working is the Providers resolution from IP to domain name. All the hits are either coming back with the IP address or “Unknown”. It would be really useful to know the ISP.

Previously I signed up for a free web based tracking site which is monitoring the same site. This page is doing the resolution correctly and is giving me the ISP name for each of the hits. This web based service is also giving the City in the UK where the hit has come from. Is it possible to get this information in Piwik also?

I’ve also had a hit which I know came from London but is showing up as US in Piwik.

I realise it must be the installation which is at fault but I honestly wouldn’t know where to start with problem solving this. Can someone please help me out as this would be the icing on the cake for such a super app.

Thanks muchly,

K.

Also, I have got GeoIP installed, but that doesn’t seem to make any difference.

Thanks, K.

geoIp has its own widgets that you can add to your dashboard. It isn’t integrated into the existing Piwik reports/widgets.

The provider plugin uses a reverse dns lookup. Your host may be blocking the outbound request, or routing the request incorrectly.