Problem with update to 0.5.1

Hi, i have problem to update piwik 0.5 to 0.5.1
This is error:

Incompatible archive: PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature

Im having this issue too.

If you’re updating from 0.4.4 or 0.4.5, you’ll have to update manually as the auto-update was broken.

This was fixed in 0.5 and users have confirmed this. Are you absolutely sure you’re updating from 0.5?

[quote=vipsoft @ Dec 11 2009, 01:54 AM]If you’re updating from 0.4.4 or 0.4.5, you’ll have to update manually as the auto-update was broken.

This was fixed in 0.5 and users have confirmed this. Are you absolutely sure you’re updating from 0.5?[/quote]

where i see what version i have?

Please update manually: http://piwik.org/docs/update/#manual

Next time, automatic update will work fine.

2 or 3 days ago (whenever that was), I upgraded manually to 0.5. In fact, other than backing up the config file, I deleted the entire Piwik folder, then uploaded the new 0.5 files to a brand new Piwik folder, and then finally added the backed-up config file. So, for me, 0.5 was definitely a manual process.

Now, trying to upgrade from 0.5 to 0.51, I get the error:

Incompatible archive: PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature

So…apparently, some upgrade problem wasn’t fixed by manually upgrading to 0.5 first.

I’ve now manually upgraded to 0.5.1 so we’ll see if auto upgrade works next time I need to upgrade or not.

[quote=matthieu @ Dec 11 2009, 12:19 PM]Please update manually: piwik.org/docs/update/#manual

Next time, automatic update will work fine.[/quote]

You’ll want to check the permissions on the tmp/latest folder. See if latest.zip was downloaded, has the correct file size, and a recent timestamp.

Good point. It’s too late for me to check that now, since I deleted Piwik folder completely before manually upgrading, but I’ll be sure to check that next time it happens.

I sure updated from 0.5 (first piwik version I ever used) and can confirm the problem. I fixed the problem by following this patch:
dev.piwik.org/trac/changeset/1532

Btw, there is a bug in the forum software, it devalidates the links by removing the protocol and adding instead. Lots of links in the forums are broken because of this.

bolero: that’s the chicken-and-egg problem. That fix is in 0.5 – it’s broken in 0.4.5. Hence, auto-update from 0.4.5 to 0.5 is broken.

re: (ext-link) unforunately, a necessary evil. I’d rather have broken links than spam.

vipsoft, i believe bolero was saying that his very first version he ever used was 0.5, so he in fact never had 0.4.x, nor did he ever upgrade TO 0.5. He started with 0.5 and tried to upgrade FROM 0.5, and had the error.

Seriously, no matter what y’all seem to think, at least SOME people’s auto-upgrade issues are NOT fixed with 0.5.

Re: the broken links…um, some of those “external” links are to your own site - the piwik site itself (a subdomain), and so this site itself is broken.

Ooops, sorry. I just checked the install package and it’s 0.4.5. I was under the impression I upgraded from 0.5. I didn’t notice that 0.5 was released only a few days ago and then 0.5.1 shortly after that. I had been away for a week and when I used piwik the first time again it alerted me about the new 0.5.1 release. My natural assumption was that I was upgrading from the version before that (0.5).

Oh, well, I didn’t imagine that. I’ve never seen this kind of broken link before. But I rarely use forums, anyway. Wouldn’t it make sense to at least keep the links within “piwik.org” unhampered?

bolero: we tried to use the forum software’s whitelist feature, but it isn’t used everywhere (e.g., user profiles, signatures, etc); hence, the general block

I’m upgrading from 0.5.1 to 0.5.2 and I’m getting the same error.

What permission # do I set the tmp/lastest folder to?

If the web server or php process runs under your user ID (e.g…, using Apache’s User directive or phpsuexec for php-cgi), then chmod 0700 tmp/latest

It is the bug of PclZip, so please update PclZip library, for details, please google “How to fix pclzip_err_bad_format issue when automatically update Piwik

This thread gives more details on how to fix this issue. It worked for me. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif