Problem with MySQL table locks when I open Piwik

Hello!

When I open our Piwik 1.5.1 admin interface in my browser, then Zabbix monitoring software we use here sends e-mail and SMS message to me and the rest admins… It’s because of noticed problem with MySQL table locks. Please look at the peak at attached graph.

I grepped an access log of Apache server on our Piwik server and it seems that the browser sends 121 requests per 1 minute. When Piwik panel is open, then the browser sends “only” 48 requests:

# grep '09/Aug/2011:09:39' access.log |grep ^my_IP_addr |wc -l
# grep '09/Aug/2011:09:40' access.log |grep ^my_IP_addr |wc -l
# grep '09/Aug/2011:09:41' access.log |grep ^my_IP_addr |wc -l
# grep '09/Aug/2011:09:42' access.log |grep ^my_IP_addr |wc -l
# grep '09/Aug/2011:09:43' access.log |grep ^my_IP_addr |wc -l

Is it a way to fix it? :slight_smile:

Opening the piwik dashboard should not trigger 100 requests. See the example on demo.piwik.org with FIREBUG. Also you must setp: How to Set up Auto-Archiving of Your Reports - Analytics Platform - Matomo

Hi Matt,

Thanks a lot for your reply and the hint with auto archiving setup! I’ve enabled it according to Piwik doc page and now it seems that my problem with MySQL table locks has gone :smiley:

Could you please point me any doc about archiving reports or describe it briefly? I would like to understand how it works and why auto archiving resolved the issue.

Best regards,
Pawel

all the doc is found in this page, especially at the bottom