Problem with Matomo in Docker after latest update

After upgrading to the latest Matomo version I get errors about missing PHP-libraries like these:

matomo-cron_1 | INFO [2023-06-16 06:59:05] 8 Error: Error unserializing the following response from ?module=API&method=CoreAdminHome.archiveReports&idSite=79&period=year&date=2023-01-01&format=json&trigger=archivephp: ‘PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library ‘gd
.so’ (tried: /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20210902/gd.so (libpng16.so.16: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory), /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20210902/gd.so.so (/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20210902/gd.so.so
: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0 PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library ‘zip.so’ (tried: /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20210902/zip.so (libzip.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory), /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20210902/zip.so.so (/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20210902/zip.so.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0 {“idarchives”:[5334231],“nb_visits”:409}’

There are also generated images missing in the interface.

When I install the libraries manually in the matomo-app container the cron-jobs start working again, but the images remain empty. Can somebody help me find out what the problem might be?

1 Like

I wanted to setup the cronjobs for archiving and get the same. Updated to the latest matomo Docker image on 14.06.2023. The images are also not working for me.

I also have seen that in the integrity check there is an error:
GD > 2.x + FreeType (Grafiken)
Die Sparklines (kleine Diagramme) und Bilddiagramme (in der Matomo Mobile App und den E-Mail-Berichten) werden nicht funktionieren.

Same here. No fix for this problem.

Seems to be fixed in the latest Matomo docker update