Problem updating database

Hi, I tried to upgrade to 0.5.5 but the database upgrade fails.

When I click on upgrade piwik I get:

Error trying to execute the query ‘DROP INDEX index_idsite_date ON piwik_log_visit’.
The error was: SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1142 INDEX command denied to user ‘web11’@‘localhost’ for table ‘piwik_log_visit’

After commenting the drop index out I get:

/srv/www/htdocs***********/piwik/core/Updates/0.5.5.php:
Error trying to execute the query ‘CREATE INDEX index_idsite_date_config ON piwik_log_visit (idsite, visit_server_date, config_md5config(8))’.
The error was: SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1142 INDEX command denied to user ‘web11’@‘localhost’ for table ‘piwik_log_visit’

Any idea how to deal with this? 0.5.4 was running fine.

Best regards,

Mario

[quote=reddwarf @ Mar 21 2010, 09:32 AM]Hi, I tried to upgrade to 0.5.5 but the database upgrade fails.

Error trying to execute the query ‘DROP INDEX index_idsite_date ON piwik_log_visit’.

Error trying to execute the query ‘CREATE INDEX index_idsite_date_config ON piwik_log_visit (idsite, visit_server_date, config_md5config(8))’.

Best regards,

Mario[/quote]

Seems like your piwik database user doesn’t have permissions to add/delete indexes on tables.
Either run the queries manually with a user which does have the needed permissions or get your current database user “upgraded” to have all needed permissions.

thomas

Its hostet at stto. any option to upgrade the user via the pspMyadmin?
I guess i will not reach any admin on Sunday.

Best regards,

Mario

[quote=Thomas Seifert @ Mar 21 2010, 08:41 AM]Seems like your piwik database user doesn’t have permissions to add/delete indexes on tables.
Either run the queries manually with a user which does have the needed permissions or get your current database user “upgraded” to have all needed permissions.

thomas[/quote]

Hello,
I have the same problem. Any other way than getting access to DROP INDEX? DROP TABLE is allowed…

Thank you!

udk

You can comment out the DROP INDEX. It won’t affect the functionality, but it will mean degraded performance (MySQL would continue to update an index that’s no longer being used).

You should ask your hosting provider to grant you INDEX privileges; otherwise, ask them to make the SQL changes for you.

I spoke to my hoster and got the privileges to add and remove indexes.
That solved the problem.

Best regards,
Mario

hi reddwarf…u did well…becoz if ur hoster didnot give u such privillages …u can not do more than ur hoster privillages…
ok…now it is done…so do ur work…

The same problem. Solution: I sended a ticket to my hoster, today he gave me the rights and the update worked style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

[quote=reddwarf @ Mar 21 2010, 08:32 AM]Hi, I tried to upgrade to 0.5.5 but the database upgrade fails.

Best regards,

Mario[/quote]

Mario, I am actually having the same problem. I am hoping that someone has a suggestion as I am working on this project for a client.

Why did this not work for me? I might have missed something. Anything missing here?

[quote=reddwarf @ Mar 21 2010, 08:32 AM]Hi, I tried to upgrade to 0.5.5 but the database upgrade fails.

Best regards,

Mario[/quote]