Problem Logging into Piwik After Matomo Name Change

Hi Everyone,

Since the system was upgraded from Piwik to Matomo I have been having alot of issues logging onto the system. I’ve even created an entirely new install and still the problem persists. System is running on CentOS 7 / MySQL.

When trying to log onto the system I get:

In Firefox:
The connection was reset

Chrome:
The logon page shows up but all the formatting is wrong and when trying to log on I receive the error:
This page isn’t working
didn’t send any data

IE:
The logon page shows up but all the formatting is wrong and when trying to log on I receive the error:
Error: Form security failed. Please reload the form and check that your cookies are enabled. If you use a proxy server, you must configure Matomo to accept the proxy header that forwards the Host header. Also, check that your Referrer header is sent correctly.

Does anyone know what’s wrong. This has only happened since Piwik got renamed to Matomo. Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Duke

Hi,

Do you see any errors in the Network tab of your browser? Anything in the error logs of php or your webserver?

Hi Lukas,

No unusual error logs for PHP that I could find. I found that if I restarted the apache web server that the site became accessible again.

So I’ve run yum update on the server and so far the site hasn’t been down since. This has been about 24 hours. I’ll keep you posted if anything changes.

Thanks

Duke