Probably with auto archiving after upgrade to php 5.3.3

after upgrading to php 5.3 i now get an error when the hourly auto archiving archive.sh runs. see below. Also, i enabled the geoip plugin to check it out but then when i saw it in this error email i turned it off yet i still see it in the error log. Also, can anyone tell me where to stop this safe mode warning? also, can i tell if the archiving is actually even running? i can deal with or filter the emails so long as it is running i just don’t know. I’d rather have it running without the errors if possible.

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: geoip: Unable to initialize module
Module compiled with module API=20050922
PHP compiled with module API=20090626
These options need to match
in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: Directive ‘safe_mode’ is deprecated in PHP 5.3 and greater in Unknown on line 0
in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: Directive ‘safe_mode’ is deprecated in PHP 5.3 and greater in Unknown on line 0
in Unknown on line 0

And I just checked since the archive.sh file runs hourly and for the past several hours since i upgraded the archiving has not worked. I need to know how to fix this?

one more thing ---- i turned off the automatic archving which ran hourly. I then went to dashboard to see if it would manually run. This time it did. so it appears the php is actually okay but something is not right with the archive.sh script? Please help.

You need to update php.ini. There’s often a separate one for php-cli.

i did that figured it out but now none of my reports are updating. i run the archive.sh and it appears to run just fine but nothing gets updated. If i turn off the auto archiving and set it to browser to update when accessed it get all sorts of errors about columns not found and so forth and i don’t know what to do. I really dont want to loose all my data but i have no idea on how to try to fix. I tried to do re-install update but its telling me some stuff exists and some does’nt. Something got messed up.

Okay i just completely reinstalled and blew out my db. NOt very happy about it but i still have this problem now. I go to site and it shows me as live visitor in piwik. but i get no data about visits by server time, etc (which is fine because i have it set to run archive.sh hourly). I got to ssh on server and manually run it. It completes and says no error but yet i still don’t have any data>,? Why? HOw can I figure out the problem?

“it get all sorts of errors about columns not found” > what errors exactly?