Previous page in custom report

Is it possible to set. up a custom report for example dimension page url and previous page and for metric visits?

Hi @nternstedt ,

Page URL is a dimension is available, but no previous page. Could you please explain what are you trying to achieve.

Yes, thanks.

I want the same data that you can see in the report transitions where I can see the top 5 previous pages. So the data already exist in Matomo.

Hi @nternstedt ,

Could you please try referrer URL and Page URL as dimensions in Custom reports and check if the result is what you expect.

Hi @karthik,

Referrer URL only shows external traffic sources not internal traffic sources like other pages.

@nternstedt ,

The data should be easily accessible to track the Custom Dimension in the javascript tracker using for example document.referrer
You could then add this to a Custom Report and easily use it either as the “Previous Page” or “Next Page”.
For example it can be configured like:

Previous Page report
1st Dimension - Page URL
2nd Dimension Custom Dimension (Referrer page)

Next Page report
1st Dimension - Custom Dimension (Referrer page)
2nd Dimension - Page URL

Thanks for your answer. I will try that!

Did it work the way you wanted?

I haven’t tried it yet. Maybe I have time to do it this week.

Otherwise I will test it next week.

I can keep you posted. :blush:

1 Like

As I understand it I would need to implement this in the page code, am I right?
Another way would be to make a hack on the transitions overlay, and show all the next and prev pages (or make it possible to export these as csv-file

Hi @bjornso ,

Could you please explain what you’re trying to achieve, this thread is all about Custom reports. Could you please explain the context with Usersflow? If this is something different, please post it separately.

Hi,
I am looking for a custom report which would achieve the same effect as these Google analytics views:

First column: Page url (filtered on “4838”)
Second column: Next url
Following columns: viewing variables

1 Like

Hi @bjornso ,

The data should be easily accessible to track the Custom Dimension in the javascript tracker using for example document.referrer
You could then add this to a Custom Report and easily use it either as the “Previous Page” or “Next Page”.
For example it can be configured like:

Previous Page report
1st Dimension - Page URL
2nd Dimension Custom Dimension (Referrer page)

Next Page report
1st Dimension - Custom Dimension (Referrer page)
2nd Dimension - Page URL

It is not necessary to make any modification to the source code.

2 Likes

@bjornso I haven’t tried this yet. Maybe you have?