Piwk, RDS and LOAD DATA INFILE

Hi there,

I use piwik to track an high traffic website and the infrastructure is composed by EC2 instances and a RDS instance.
Everything works fine except an error I get in “Database abilities”

LOAD DATA INFILE
Using LOAD DATA INFILE will greatly speed Piwik's archiving process up. To make it available to Piwik, try updating your PHP & MySQL software and make sure your database user has the FILE privilege.
If your Piwik server tracks high traffic websites (eg. > 100,000 pages per month), we recommend to try fix this problem.
Error: LOAD DATA INFILE failed... Error was: 
Try #1: LOAD DATA INFILE : SQLSTATE[28000]: Invalid authorization specification: 1045 Access denied for user 'tamcdrupal'@'%' (using password: YES)[28000],
Try #2: LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE : SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1148 The used command is not allowed with this MySQL version[42000]

Are there some best practices to avoid this error, using Piwik and RDS?
Thanks
Vincenzo

Usually LOAD DATA INFILE is disabled by your web host for security purposes.
refer to this:

http://piwik.org/faq/troubleshooting/faq_194/

(Sam) #3

Hello,

I have a quite same error:

LOAD DATA INFILE
Using LOAD DATA INFILE will greatly speed Piwik's archiving process up. To make it available to Piwik, try updating your PHP & MySQL software and make sure your database user has the FILE privilege.
If your Piwik server tracks high traffic websites (eg. > 100,000 pages per month), we recommend to try fix this problem.
Error: LOAD DATA INFILE failed... Error was:
Try #1: LOAD DATA INFILE : SQLSTATE[28000]: Invalid authorization specification: 1045 Access denied for user 'espion'@'%' (using password: YES)[28000],
Try #2: LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE : SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1148 The used command is not allowed with this MySQL version[42000]

My user “espion” has all the granted privileges to the piwikDB.

Here are my server details (Debian Jessie):

Server: Localhost via UNIX socket
Server version: 5.5.46-0+deb7u1
Protocol version: 10
User: root@localhost
MySQL charset: UTF-8 Unicode (utf8)

Web server
nginx/1.9.7
MySQL client version: 5.5.46
PHP extension: mysqli Documentation

Any kind help would be appreciated cause I actually only have menus and options available in Piwik but no stats.

Thanks,

(Matthieu Aubry) #4

Hi there

the fact that you have no data shown is different problem from LOAD DATA INFILE. LOAD DATA is optional and only useful for slightly better performance. See: Piwik doesn't track any visits and pages, and shows "There is no data for this report" in all reports. - Analytics Platform - Matomo

Be wary of the mysql file_priv permission. First, it is only set for a given user if it is set “globally”, ie, to *.*. Even if you have a user, such as piwik, set up with grant all privileges to piwik_user@'%' on piwik.* ;, the file privilege will not be granted. Rather, you must run it on the entire database: grant file to piwik_user@'%' on *.*. You can test to see if the user has the privilege: select user,host,file_priv from mysql.user to see if your particular user has the ability or not.