Piwik Widgets in Internet Explorer 9

I received some complaints that graphical widgets placed in an iframe (i.e. pie and bar graphs) were blanc in Internet Explorer 9.

It seems Compatibility View has to be turned on in IE9 to solve this problem.

Canyou also reproduce with widgets in IE9, widgets from demo.piwik.org ? Thanks for confirming and if you do it would be great to create a ticket at dev.piwik.org

Sorry for the late reply. It seems the iframe widgets use doctype definition:

According article Force Internet Explorer to View a Page in Compatibility Mode IE9 can be forced to compatibility mode in several ways:

  • Remove doctype
  • Use header <?xml version=“1.0” encoding=“UTF-8”>

After upgrading to 1.10.1 the Compatibility View trick didn’t work anymore.

Adding this line to the header of the parent page solved the problem:

can you please create a ticket on dev.piwik.org and explain what is the problem exactly , and what your patch solves? thanks!

Thanks Matt,

A ticket has been opened: Piwik Widgets in IFRAME in Internet Explorer · Issue #3707 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub

Hi !
Piwik does not work in IE 7 and 8.This is a problem for us :frowning: The fix mention above and in ​http://dev.piwik.org/trac/ticket/3707 is for IE 9 and did not fix our problem. I am grateful for any help and tip!
The ticket I had opened got closed: Piwik does not work in Internet Explorer 7 and 8 · Issue #3718 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub. Should I re-open or re-send it?
Best regards,

can you confirm you have applied both changes? to be sure maybe try with the latest files from GIT

We have removed the doctype and changed the header. Unfortunately we don’t have a test environment with the latest GIT.
We got it to work in IE 8. :slight_smile: I don’t know what more we have to do do make it work in IE 7.

well we are not going o remove doctype in next version, so if you need your changes included in piwik so you dont have to change every time, please try the files from GIT and let me know what to change there (without removing doctype if possible) and we can commit!

After checking with my collegue we got it to work without changing the doctype. You needn’t worry! Thanx for your time and help!

Ok but please tell us how so we can include it in Piwik for the next version, if there indeed was a problem

We do not think there is/ was a problem. Sorry if I caused you extra troubles!