Piwik Tracking code

I have the tracking code on my homepage. On the homepage I have a menu for different pages. Can I have the statistic on which urls are the visitors visitng?

You need to have the tracking code on every page you want Piwik to track for you.

We just installed Piwik, and it is working really well! I want to set custom variables, but I am having problems with the code. Our website is .jsp pages. Specifically I want to set a custom variable to show the loginID for each specific user who is logged in to the site. When I tried doing this with the sample php code, it did not work correctly. That was the only sample code I found on the site. Does someone have sample code that they are using with .jsp pages? I welcome any information. Many thanks ~ Dianna

(Matthieu Aubry) #4

to set custom variables you can use the javascript API eg.

piwikTracker.setCustomVariable( …

then in JSP you simply print out the login name to generate the right JS code. (make sure to espace the quotes in the value being printed)

Hi Matt. Thank you for your reply. I am uncertain about what you mean when you say, ". . .then in JSP you simply print out the login name to generate the right JS code). Would you please give me a bit more detail so that I might understand? I appreciate your time very much!