Piwik SQL optimization issue

Hi,

We are using Piwik1.6 version and we want to disable the OPTIMIZE TABLE query on the db tables.

Its mentioned in few forums/faqs that,
optimizeTables() method Runs an OPTIMIZE TABLE query on the supplied table or tables.And the property ‘enable_sql_optimize_queries’ can be used set the option to optimize or not.

But i am not able to find these two in our Piwik source code.

Can you please help us to solve this

Thanks in advance

Hi.

1- optimize_tables()

2- enable_sql_optimize_queries

global.ini.php
; By default Piwik runs OPTIMIZE TABLE SQL queries to free spaces after deleting some data.
; If your Piwik tracks millions of pages, the OPTIMIZE TABLE queries might run for hours (seen in “SHOW FULL PROCESSLIST \g”)
; so you can disable these special queries here:
enable_sql_optimize_queries = 1

Regards,
JM

Hi JM,

Thanks for quick reply.:slight_smile:

Currently we are using Piwik VERSION = ‘1.6’;

And i am not able to find this optimize_tables() method and the property 'enable_sql_optimize_queries ’ in our Piwik installation code base.

It seems both of these are not available in Piwik VERSION = ‘1.6’ source code.

Can you please let me know
if i can still exclusively set the property enable_sql_optimize_queries to 0 to disable Optimization process.
OR different mechanism is used in the older versions of Piwik to disable Optimization process.

Can you please suggest some clues.

Thanks again
KM

(Matthieu Aubry) #4

Hi there,

please try upgrade to latest 2.15.0 beta version which includes many fixes and improvements, see: I would like to test early beta and RC releases, how do I enable automatic updates to use these development versions? - Analytics Platform - Matomo

If you still have a problem, please create an issue on our tracker GitHub - matomo-org/piwik: Liberating Web Analytics. Star us on Github? +1. Matomo is the leading open alternative to Google Analytics that gives you full control over your data. Matomo lets you easily collect data from websites, apps & the IoT and visualise this data and extract insights. Privacy is built-in. We love Pull Requests!