Piwik not sending reports automatically

Hi there,

Ive been looking into a problem on a piwik install of about 100-200 sites. The install is set up to email people on a monthly basis with report data, but this month that has not happened. The piwik version is 1.11.1 and Ive confirmed the following things:
[ul]
[li] PHP can send email
[/li][li] The archive.sh cron job runs correctly
[/li][li] The system is able to email a report manually
[/li][/ul]
The cron line for the archive is
5 * * * * /home/piwik/public_html/misc/cron/archive.sh > /piwik-archive.log
And i can not find any errors in its execution.

Does anyone know where I should be looking for issues, or is there any known issues with sending PDF reports in this version?

Thank you for your time.

Try upgrade to latest beta for this bug is now fixed

bug was Scheduled Reports broken, because a report is set to never send (period=never) · Issue #3821 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub

Thanks a lot matt, This has corrected our issue,

Rather than upgrading to a beta version, i have applied the patch to our install and PDF reports are sending correctly again.

Many thanks!

Hi,

I have the same problem, can you tell me what I have to do if I don’t want to upgrade in a beta version like you ?

I don’t find the ticket on the bug tracker, can you give it to me ?

Thanks

Edit : Sorry for this message (link already posted…)

hey rouliendelavegas,

To temporarily fix the issue in the release we are running, modified one line in “piwik/plugins/PDFReports/PDFReports.php”

On line 503 there is the line:

if (!$report['deleted'])

Which I have changed to:

if (!$report['deleted'] && $report['period'] != 'never')

That will stop piwik from tripping up on any report set to send out “never” for the time being. I hope this helps!

I don’t change this, I saw that 1.12 released so I upgrade.

I always have the problem, I saw now that HTML report are OK, it’s only when it’s defined in PDF what I don’t received it…

In the Diagnostic tab no problem detected and it worked before 1.11 upgrade.

Any idea (no error on apache log) ?

Edit : if I download manual a PDF report it’s OK

Works OK for me… can you replicate with a new report? maybe try delete + re-create the repotr ?

Hi, With other test I see that my members received the mail.

It’s only the email defined in ‘receive a copy’ (me) which can’t receive the report, if I put manually my email adress in the recipient input it’s OK…

Strange…