Piwik no longer fully functional after 1.9.1 Update

Mr Check, can you reproduce the same problem on the demo?

if not, can you try in a different browser in your own piwik ? does it work better?

Hi Matt,

Yes I can reproduce it. Try to change the chart type of browser statistics and you will see that it will not work. Same with Firefox, Chrome and Safarii.

Hey Matt, did you have a look at this issue already? :slight_smile:

Thanks, worked for me. (:P)

My problem is almost fixed. I tried SeiRruf’s file and made some progress. Now the only time I get blank data is if I open the popup window, and click on a website or search engine. However, if I refresh the screen, the data suddenly appears. From there I can check all the data in the other lines. If I close the pop-up, and re-open it though, I have to go through the same process all over again.

I now have no issue getting the data on the dashboard, it’s only when I use the pop-up.

[quote=matt]
Apply this patch:

http://dev.piwik.org/trac/changeset/7317

Delete all files in piwik/tmp/assets/*

Does it now work?[/quote]

I just upgraded to 1.9.1 yesterday. All my sparklines were appearing properly. I was only having a problem with the “There is no data for this report” appearing on all my dashboard widgets when I tried to drill down on any given widget.

But, this fix worked for me! Thanks fellas for tracking this down.

Blessings!

The latest update pooched everything! What the heck!!!

Here is the error message I get everytime I try to login (Please fix this immediately):

Notice: Undefined index: enable_trusted_host_check in /home/weddingprom/domains/weddingsandproms.ca/public_html/piwik/core/Url.php on line 465

Backtrace -->

#0 Piwik_ErrorHandler(…) called at [/home/weddingprom/domains/weddingsandproms.ca/public_html/piwik/core/Url.php:465]
#1 Piwik_Url::isLocalUrl(…) called at [/home/weddingprom/domains/weddingsandproms.ca/public_html/piwik/core/Nonce.php:74]
#2 Piwik_Nonce::verifyNonce(…) called at [/home/weddingprom/domains/weddingsandproms.ca/public_html/piwik/plugins/Login/Controller.php:64]
#3 Piwik_Login_Controller->login(…) called at [/home/weddingprom/domains/weddingsandproms.ca/public_html/piwik/plugins/Login/Controller.php:46]
#4 Piwik_Login_Controller->index(…) called at [:]
#5 call_user_func_array(…) called at [/home/weddingprom/domains/weddingsandproms.ca/public_html/piwik/core/FrontController.php:138]
#6 Piwik_FrontController->dispatch(…) called at [/home/weddingprom/domains/weddingsandproms.ca/public_html/piwik/core/Controller.php:719]
#7 Piwik_Controller->redirectToIndex(…) called at [/home/weddingprom/domains/weddingsandproms.ca/public_html/piwik/plugins/CoreHome/Controller.php:42]
#8 Piwik_CoreHome_Controller->redirectToCoreHomeIndex(…) called at [:]
#9 call_user_func_array(…) called at [/home/weddingprom/domains/weddingsandproms.ca/public_html/piwik/core/FrontController.php:138]
#10 Piwik_FrontController->dispatch(…) called at [/home/weddingprom/domains/weddingsandproms.ca/public_html/piwik/index.php:53]

Also get some better testing done before releasing updates. That would save everyone alot of heartache.

Screwed Up, Try reinstalling a fresh copy of Piwik onto your server. (minus your config file), and try it again.

I have not heard of this issue in this update yet… So I am going to safely guess there was an issue during the update.

If the issue continues, then report so! Also, do a hard refresh on your analytics page in your browser (Shift+F5(refresh)) afterwords to ensure you have the latest files cached.

What would be the correct method of reinstalling Piwik so I don’t lose all my old data? Nothing has really fixed the problem yet for me.

To re-instal piwik (assuming you have NOT made any custom changes to the code)
Simply backup your config/config.php file and then delete all the rest. Replace all the rest with a fresh copy out of the latest.zip file, then replace your config file with the original config file, and then visit it in the browser. Since all your information is stored in a database, deleting and replacing the files is OK!

@ScrewedUp - it looks like you forgot to update the file config/global.ini.php in the new version?

you can reupload this file only or also upgrade to latest beta: http://builds.piwik.org/piwik-1.9.2-b3.zip which fixes other issues as well