PIWIK is not Work

Hi all,

hope you will understand my English.
First of all i have to say that is great that such an program exists under GNU.
But it´s not written for the users like me who are no experts in Linux or webserving aswell.
That´s the biggest plus for other products like go… ana…!

My problem is that i get every time i want to install it no writing possible in /tmp/templates_c
i loaded it with binary mode high. Made all i can read in the web…nothing every time this fuc*** problem.
And i don´t know what i have to do. Seems the problem is that i have an shared virtual Server and the owner name is different
then the ftp user ! Changing with ftp is NOT possible - is also NOT possible by using the plesk. I could only do this over the shell- but i have
no plan how to do this rightly.
But how can such a normal man like me solve this?? I am shortly bevore to give up an let it be…

could anyone help me with my problem?

thx

greets

Check with your hosting provider. Piwik is also installable as a one-click install via DreamHost, SimpleScripts, Softaculous, APS Standard, and Web Application Gallery.

thx … but what should i say ? Can you tell me what is the problem that i can understand whats goin on here??

thank you

If you can’t set the piwik/tmp/ directory to 777 (RWXRWXRWX) at you FTP Programm or change the owner of the piwik/tmp folder to the Webserver User it won’t be able to run piwik at your shared server. Because piwik is creating the template files within the tmp folder.

Hi Belgeron,

ok i understand. i can´t change this in the ftp command. I think i tried it out over the shell. And it worked i thought.
But also i saw that the name ist another than the other files (owner). I don´t know how i can change this. I am not a linux pro.
so if you or anyone can help me i would be very happy.

So for me :
the owner of the folder ist the apache? And the owner of the other folders is me as root? right?

thx