Thanks for your answers, i tried to solve the problem with the following steps:
- Reuploading all files after backup of config folder and databse.
- Reuploading and replacing the whole old config folder.
- Result: Now there is a complete white screen while going on piwik.
- Ok, seems like an error which is not shown, so i tried to enable debugging, i added this to the config.ini.php
logger_message = "screen"
logger_error = "screen"
logger_exception = "screen"
enable_sql_profiler = 1
debug = 1
Nothing happend at all, no change, just a white screen. Now i tried several other methods to get the debugging message. I do only have ftp and mysql access to the server, so there was for me no way of accessing the log files for now.
5. As said before i tried then to update the database manually, or to be clear i asked my brother (who is the server administrator) to do so because i do not have ssh access. He mailed me that he got the following error:
root@web1:~> /var/customers/webs/itsj/nick/piwik/console core:update
File /var/customers/webs/itsj/nick/piwik/config/environment/cli.php doesn't exist or is not readable
Any ideas of what to do? Thanks for your help