I realized that Piwik 3.0.1 cannot connect to our SMTP server when using PHP 7.1.1. It is working fine using the same SMTP server settings when using PHP 7.0.15. Sending mail report manually does not work (just “loading data” forever).
My SMTP server settings in Piwik:
Server name: domain.tld
Authentication Login or CRAM-MD5
User/password: Correctly provided
SMTP server (MailEnable 9.6.0) logs do not show connection attempts when using PHP 7.1.1. When I switch the site back to PHP 7.0.15, sending Piwik mail reports is working fine.
I just switched back Piwik’s scheduled task command line path from PHP 7.1 to PHP 7.0 as well. Let’s see, if scheduled emails will arrive again tonight.
Update: Yes, scheduled email reports are sent as well, when using command line php.exe 7.0.
Are there known issues when using Piwik 3.0.1 together with PHP 7.1.1 concerning mailing).