Piwik 1.8 RC testing!

(Matthieu Aubry) #1

EDIT: Piwik 1.8 now officially released!

Piwik 1.8RC is now available.

[ol]
[li]Please download from: Index of /
[/li][li]More than 60 tickets closed: adding support for windows phone 7 version 7.5 by thirashima · Pull Request #1 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub
[/li][/ol]

Please test and report here any problem or question! thank you

wow, nice work, solved some issues i have had in 1.7 RC8, thank you guys!! :)-D

Hi,

Guessing the optimization that been done so far, what would you say the the mysql performance difference is from 1.7.1 to 1.8, please give a ruff percentage guess?

thanks

(Matthieu Aubry) #4

New Rc3 nearly final! please test & enjoy :slight_smile:

Is it OK to put it on Production ?

(mahdi1234) #6

New version (1.8-rc5) looks great, all seems to be working perfectly on my side apart for backtrace I’m getting on evolution chart for several metrics which are:

• Metrics for Provider
  • Metrics for Configuration
  • Metrics for Resolution
  • Metrics for Visits by visit number
  • Metrics for Custom Variable name
  • Metrics for Clicked URL
  • Metrics for Campaign
  • Metrics for Keyword
  • Metrics for Website
  • Metrics for Download URL
  • Metrics for Referrer Type

Backtrace looks similar for all the occurences.

There is an error. Please report the message (Piwik 1.8-rc5) and full backtrace in the Piwik forums (please do a Search first as it might have been reported already!).

Notice: Undefined index: logo in /mnt/notes.data/apache/piwik/plugins/CoreHome/DataTableRowAction/RowEvolution.php on line 171

Backtrace -->
#0 Piwik_ErrorHandler(...) called at [/mnt/notes.data/apache/piwik/plugins/CoreHome/DataTableRowAction/RowEvolution.php:171]#1 Piwik_CoreHome_DataTableRowAction_RowEvolution->extractEvolutionReport(...) called at [/mnt/notes.data/apache/piwik/plugins/CoreHome/DataTableRowAction/RowEvolution.php:164]#2 Piwik_CoreHome_DataTableRowAction_RowEvolution->loadEvolutionReport(...) called at [/mnt/notes.data/apache/piwik/plugins/CoreHome/DataTableRowAction/RowEvolution.php:99]#3 Piwik_CoreHome_DataTableRowAction_RowEvolution->__construct(...) called at [/mnt/notes.data/apache/piwik/plugins/CoreHome/Controller.php:138]#4 Piwik_CoreHome_Controller->getRowEvolutionPopover(...) called at [:]#5 call_user_func_array(...) called at [/mnt/notes.data/apache/piwik/core/FrontController.php:138]#6 Piwik_FrontController->dispatch(...) called at [/mnt/notes.data/apache/piwik/index.php:53]

It works great but i am getting following error when i am trying to compare two rows in Visitor > Browser Family

Notice: Undefined index: logo in /var/www/html/owa/piwik/plugins/CoreHome/DataTableRowAction/RowEvolution.php on line 171

Backtrace -->
#0 Piwik_ErrorHandler(...) called at [/var/www/html/owa/piwik/plugins/CoreHome/DataTableRowAction/RowEvolution.php:171]#1 Piwik_CoreHome_DataTableRowAction_RowEvolution->extractEvolutionReport(...) called at [/var/www/html/owa/piwik/plugins/CoreHome/DataTableRowAction/RowEvolution.php:164]#2 Piwik_CoreHome_DataTableRowAction_RowEvolution->loadEvolutionReport(...) called at [/var/www/html/owa/piwik/plugins/CoreHome/DataTableRowAction/RowEvolution.php:99]#3 Piwik_CoreHome_DataTableRowAction_RowEvolution->__construct(...) called at [/var/www/html/owa/piwik/plugins/CoreHome/Controller.php:138]#4 Piwik_CoreHome_Controller->getRowEvolutionPopover(...) called at [:]#5 call_user_func_array(...) called at [/var/www/html/owa/piwik/core/FrontController.php:138]#6 Piwik_FrontController->dispatch(...) called at [/var/www/html/owa/piwik/index.php:53]

(Matthieu Aubry) #8

Thanks fixed in SVN: http://dev.piwik.org/trac/changeset/6421

Is everything else working ok ?

just a cosmetic detail. On the Dashboard the visits by server time table shows only a time range from 0h - 9h (vertcial bar graph).
if i choose again the vertical bar graph he automatically correct the time range from 0h - 23h. is this behavior normal? wrong setting by my site? i would like to see the time range for the whole day and not only for the first 8h.

(Matthieu Aubry) #10

beta171 it hasn’t changed in 1.8, it only shows the hours of the day so far, since you selected today in the stats, correct?

I updated today to 1.8 (hey, piwik made it looks, as if it is a final release?!) and got this, when trying to create a mail report:

Recoverable Error: Argument 1 passed to Piwik_DataTable_Row::sumRow() must be an instance of Piwik_DataTable_Row, boolean given, called in /piwiki/core/DataTable/Filter/AddSummaryRow.php on line 76 and defined in /piwiki/core/DataTable/Row.php on line 404 

Backtrace -->
#0 Piwik_ErrorHandler(...) called at [/piwiki/core/DataTable/Row.php:404]
#1 Piwik_DataTable_Row->sumRow(...) called at [/piwiki/core/DataTable/Filter/AddSummaryRow.php:76]
#2 Piwik_DataTable_Filter_AddSummaryRow->filter(...) called at [/piwiki/core/DataTable.php:381]#3 Piwik_DataTable->filter(...) called at [/piwiki/core/DataTable/Filter/Truncate.php:36]
#4 Piwik_DataTable_Filter_Truncate->filter(...) called at [/piwiki/core/DataTable.php:381]
#5 Piwik_DataTable->filter(...) called at [/piwiki/core/API/DataTableGenericFilter.php:157]
#6 Piwik_API_DataTableGenericFilter->applyGenericFilters(...) called at [/piwiki/core/API/DataTableGenericFilter.php:38]
#7 Piwik_API_DataTableGenericFilter->filter(...) called at [/piwiki/core/API/ResponseBuilder.php:292]
#8 Piwik_API_ResponseBuilder->handleDataTable(...) called at [/piwiki/core/API/ResponseBuilder.php:79]
#9 Piwik_API_ResponseBuilder->getResponse(...) called at [/piwiki/core/API/Request.php:130]
#10 Piwik_API_Request->process(...) called at [/piwiki/plugins/API/API.php:682]
#11 Piwik_API_API->getProcessedReport(...) called at [/piwiki/plugins/PDFReports/API.php:393]
#12 Piwik_PDFReports_API->generateReport(...) called at [:]
#13 call_user_func_array(...) called at [/piwiki/core/API/Proxy.php:190]
#14 Piwik_API_Proxy->call(...) called at [/piwiki/core/API/Request.php:128]
#15 Piwik_API_Request->process(...) called at [/piwiki/plugins/API/Controller.php:27]
#16 Piwik_API_Controller->index(...) called at [:]
#17 call_user_func_array(...) called at [/piwiki/core/FrontController.php:138]
#18 Piwik_FrontController->dispatch(...) called at [/piwiki/index.php:53]

(Matthieu Aubry) #12

M|O, what report did you include? how can we replicate the problem exactly? thanks!

Piwik thrown me an error after auto-update is applying for all widgets

Fatal error: Class 'Piwik_PrivacyManager' not found in D:\www\htdocs\test\p\core\ViewDataTable.php on line 1386

I look at the plugin page and I see that is PrivacyManager doesn’t activated by default after update from 1.7.1.

Matt, as i said: I got this report, after trying to generate a mail report. More precisely, i added all of the possible data to the report.

When i try to reproduce the error, it doesn’t crash, but when i run the “Send (Mail) report now” i get only “Loading Data…” and that’s it. Hope that helps a little bit more. In case of Piwik writes any logfiles, i would post them also.

Regards,
M|O

EDIT:
I tried to create a new report, which was possible, but i was not able to send the report, with pressing the “Send report now” button.

Matt,

i played a little bit around and found a possability to reproduce the error:
Generating the PDF Report cause the error. Whenever i press the “Download as PDF” button i get

There is an error. Please report the message (Piwik 1.8) and full backtrace in the Piwik forums (please do a Search first as it might have been reported already!).

Recoverable Error: Argument 1 passed to Piwik_DataTable_Row::sumRow() must be an instance of Piwik_DataTable_Row, boolean given, called in /home/udeadmin/piwiki/core/DataTable/Filter/AddSummaryRow.php on line 76 and defined in /home/udeadmin/piwiki/core/DataTable/Row.php on line 404 

Backtrace -->
#0 Piwik_ErrorHandler(...) called at [/piwiki/core/DataTable/Row.php:404]
#1 Piwik_DataTable_Row->sumRow(...) called at [/piwiki/core/DataTable/Filter/AddSummaryRow.php:76]
#2 Piwik_DataTable_Filter_AddSummaryRow->filter(...) called at [/piwiki/core/DataTable.php:381]
#3 Piwik_DataTable->filter(...) called at [/piwiki/core/DataTable/Filter/Truncate.php:36]
#4 Piwik_DataTable_Filter_Truncate->filter(...) called at [/piwiki/core/DataTable.php:381]
#5 Piwik_DataTable->filter(...) called at [/piwiki/core/API/DataTableGenericFilter.php:157]
#6 Piwik_API_DataTableGenericFilter->applyGenericFilters(...) called at [/piwiki/core/API/DataTableGenericFilter.php:38]
#7 Piwik_API_DataTableGenericFilter->filter(...) called at [/piwiki/core/API/ResponseBuilder.php:292]
#8 Piwik_API_ResponseBuilder->handleDataTable(...) called at [/piwiki/core/API/ResponseBuilder.php:79]
#9 Piwik_API_ResponseBuilder->getResponse(...) called at [/piwiki/core/API/Request.php:130]
#10 Piwik_API_Request->process(...) called at [/piwiki/plugins/API/API.php:682]
#11 Piwik_API_API->getProcessedReport(...) called at [/piwiki/plugins/PDFReports/API.php:393]
#12 Piwik_PDFReports_API->generateReport(...) called at [:]
#13 call_user_func_array(...) called at [/piwiki/core/API/Proxy.php:190]
#14 Piwik_API_Proxy->call(...) called at [/piwiki/core/API/Request.php:128]
#15 Piwik_API_Request->process(...) called at [/piwiki/plugins/API/Controller.php:27]
#16 Piwik_API_Controller->index(...) called at [:]
#17 call_user_func_array(...) called at [/piwiki/core/FrontController.php:138]
#18 Piwik_FrontController->dispatch(...) called at [/piwiki/index.php:53]

[quote=Viper]

Fatal error: Class 'Piwik_PrivacyManager' not found in D:\www\htdocs\test\p\core\ViewDataTable.php on line 1386

I look at the plugin page and I see that is PrivacyManager doesn’t activated by default after update from 1.7.1.[/quote]

This. Several of my dashboard widgets don’t work unless Privacy Manager is turned on.

(Matthieu Aubry) #17

[quote=Viper]

I look at the plugin page and I see that is PrivacyManager doesn’t activated by default after update from 1.7.1.[/quote]

Thanks for the report, please try this fix: http://dev.piwik.org/trac/changeset/6436

(Matthieu Aubry) #18

Thanks for the report, please try this fix: http://dev.piwik.org/trac/changeset/6439

(Zeuf Paris) #19

I updated to 1.8… So far everything’s working just fine…

(Mika) #20

After having migrated to 1.8, I’m no more able to see my charts from Email Reports: the display area is replaced by following error message: “Invalid API Module and/or API Action”. Tks for your attention.