PHP and Magic Quotes

Hi all, I have a newbie question here.

I just intalled Piwik and it all works fine… but…

I wanted to send email reports to myself and I cant do that because the link is missing at the top of the Piwik control panel page. (searching everywhere through all the possible options I cant see a way of sending reports)

I thought maybe it is because I am running PHP Version 5.3.2 so I upgraded to 5.4 and I get the error “magic_quotes” error when loading my website. (Ditto if I try upgrading to PHP 5.5)

Is there an easy answer to this, or a previous post you can point me to? I see I will have to upgrade anyway to something greater that 5.3.2 very soon.

Thankyou!

Philip.

Hi there,

click on your Username in the top menu then click “Scheduled reports” in the left menu

Hi Matt, Thankyou for that - works great…

Question 2 is IP address. Piwik only shows me, the first part of the visitor IP address. eg: it shows 97.103.0.0 or 207.102.0.0

Is there some setting I cant find, so that it collects the whole address? I notice that your SQL database does not have the full address either.

Thanks,
Philip.

Is there some setting I cant find, so that it collects the whole address? I notice that your SQL database does not have the full address either.

Yes you can disable IP Anonimising: http://piwik.org/docs/privacy/#step-1-automatically-anonymize-visitor-ips

Thankyou! Found it now.

Philip.

Closed, because apparently a 5-year-old thread about Magic Quotes in PHP attracts weird spam about magic and spells.

1 Like