PDF reports

One of the great things about PhpMyVisites are the PDF reports. Very easy to generate and send to clients for instance. Will these PDF-reports also become available in Piwik?

On the TODO list. http://dev.piwik.org/trac/ticket/71[/url] and [url=http://dev.piwik.org/trac/ticket/72]http://dev.piwik.org/trac/ticket/72

Contributions welcome. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif

Great, thanks!
style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

[quote=vipsoft @ Mar 16 2009, 03:15 PM]On the TODO list. dev.piwik.org/trac/ticket/71[/url] and [url=dev.piwik.org/trac/ticket/72]dev.piwik.org/trac/ticket/72

Contributions welcome. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/quote]
My company uses phpmyvisites PDF reports and would like to switch to Piwik because of latest security alerts. I’m a PHP coder, so, how could we contribute for this feature improvement ? Could we start some coding before the 1.0 release ?

Looking forward to your answer.

Feel free to contribute. No one’s working on those tickets AFAIK.

Ok but as the ticket Milestone is “Features requests - after Piwik 1.0”, does it means that 1.0 has to be released in order to start development of this feature ? If this feature is implemented now, will it be included before Piwik 1.0 release ?

As I suspect the core of piwik code will change a lot between 0.5.4 and 1.0, I ask this because I don’t want to maintain the patch all this time. If I contribute, I would prefer a early inclusion in the piwik trunk.

The post-1.0 milestone means it isn’t a core feature that we plan to implement, given limited resources. Community members are welcome to contribute patches and plugins. We’ll provide feedback and evaluate contributions for inclusion.

See also: http://dev.piwik.org/trac/wiki/PiwikDevelopmentProcess

Hi all

What we did is to use the XML API to generate a monthly PDF report from the Piwik stats. So it is not a plugin or module for Piwik.

In some more detail, we defined an XML file with the information we need to generate the PDF for each siteId, in the script we call this file and generate the PDF using the different API functions, save the PDF on webserver and send it out via mail. This happens with a CronJob on the 1st of each month with report of the last month.

At the moment we are looking for an easy way to also getting the graphics/diagrams available for the report, but have some problems with the way Piwik generates the diagrams itsself.

Regards,
Christian.

Christian, if you would like to contribute your PDF generator code, please contact us at hello at piwik.org with the code and we can review it for inclusion in core. THanks!

I have such a hard time believing that nobody has done this yet. While I am not a developer I might just actually have to pay somebody to get this done for this growing community.

Garret

I am patiently waiting for this feature. Also, and perhaps I am being a bit greedy here, I’d like the ability to directly email the PDF report a la Google Analytics! style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

Good to know. PDF reports are very welcome, esp. for corporate reporting. Thanks!

[quote=vipsoft @ Mar 16 2009, 03:15 PM]On the TODO list. dev.piwik.org/trac/ticket/71 and dev.piwik.org/trac/ticket/72

Contributions welcome. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/quote]

[quote=gacott @ Apr 2 2010, 03:51 PM]I have such a hard time believing that nobody has done this yet. While I am not a developer I might just actually have to pay somebody to get this done for this growing community.

Garret[/quote]

If you would like to get this out more quickly, you can definitely consider paying (or making a donation) to the developer that is tackling this issue. Contact us at hello@piwik.org if you would like to help!

Added the first comments to the ticket:
dev.piwik.org/trac/ticket/71

We will have a beta release soon… If you want to support us (feedback, comments, wishes, money, …) report here :slight_smile:

Regards,
Christian.

Great! When can we expect this feature? style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

Same question as FatLoss…

I am also interested in this feature. It would be a great asset to Piwik. A donation to the project contributor would not be a problem.

This is now avaiable: Manage Email Reports - Analytics Platform - Matomo