Page titles vs Pages

Hello…

I have tried searching this forum and FAQs, but can’t really find the answer to my question. I’m hoping one of you might be able to explain it to me.

While gathering stats for a year (7/2010 - 7/2011), I use “actions>pages” to view the number of unique visitors to a certain page. There were 7 months that reported back 0. However, the outlinks for that page showed anywhere between 1-8 clickthroughs. Since the client didn’t have their website listed anywhere else, I was confused.

I decided to gather data using “actions>page titles”. That’s when I began to see numbers for those previous 7 months that did not have data (i.e. pages=0, titles=15).

Another question, for the months which had data under “pages”…is that included under “titles”? (In addition to or included?)

Please assist.

What does that mean?

Okay, here are a couple of screen shots of what I’m trying to understand.

The first shows the specific “pages” that I am looking for using a portion of their name from their URL (…/Marriott-Austin-Downtown)
[attachment 300 pages-Piwik–Web-Analytics-Reports-2011-08-12-14-02-05.jpg]

The second pic shows the “page titles” using a portion of their name (downtown).
[attachment 299 page-titles.jpg]

Are the numbers from the page titles included in the page totals? (For example, the Rehearsal listing has 11 for both page titles & pages. Are they the same 11?) Why would they differ? Which is more accurate?

Please help me understand.

whats happening here is that your “facility” page url is probably with a final slash, so piwik will credit the page view to Mariott-facility/index rather than the actual page name.

either remove trailing slash to your URL, or use the Page titles report only.