Page Overlay doesn't work at all

Hi,

the left hand loop runs ans runs but nothing happens …
In Browser developer view (Chrome) i can see this error message:

You don’t have permission to access /plugins/Overlay/client/client.js on this server.

When i look into the root directory of my Piwik in filesystem the owner of the above path is apache:apache. What could be wrong ?

I’m using Apache 2.2.15 on CentOS 6.4 64Bit.

it is Piwik 2.2.2 …

Please see: Overlay Troubleshooting

Thank you, i checked that list. Most points doesn’t hit for me.
What i don’t understand is this:

“Page Overlay depends on the Transitions plugin. That means that Overlay only works if Transitions is enabled too. (Obviously, the Overlay plugin needs to be enabled too.)”

That could be the reason, but i don’t know where to enable Transitions and Overlay ???

Cheers
Uwe

Ok, so it is a new type of issue.

Could you please post screenshot showing the error message?

Here it is:

[attachment 1737 Piwik01_403.jpg]

The errors before and after the marked one are also in ‘normal’ view of the page.
I don’t think that they have an effect in this case.

Cheers
Uwe

the piwik domain is piwik.agefeo.de

but the website maybe references analys.agefeo.de

so that’s why it does not work. Make sure both use same domain and it should work ?

Hi Matt,

the piwik domain is piwik.agefeo.de
but the website maybe references anlys.agefeo.de

i hope that URL of Website and URL of Trackingserver are absolutly independent.
anlys.agfeo.de is our URL where Tracking Information from differnt websites are collected. Piwik has the possibility to track many many websites and i can choose which to consider (that works well). Or did i understand something wrong ?

That could be the reason, but i don’t know where to enable Transitions and Overlay ???

The question is unanswered till yet …

Cheers
Uwe

i have new conclusions. There was in fact a problem in apache conf of analys.agefeo.de. Access was restricted in a too big manner.

Now another error message pops up:

You can’t access the resource, you will need at least ‘view’-rights for Website ID xxx.

I’m logged in as Piwik administrator. That means all right on all reports ??

Cheers
Uwe

in your website, I see code points to http://anlys.agfeo.de:82/

then in your screenshot you use the piwik from piwik.agfeo.de

so there is a problem: the same piwik should be used in your website sourcecode that you use to access overlay

Hi Matt,

so there is a problem: the same piwik should be used in your website sourcecode that you use to access overlay

I have done so and there are no errors any more in the console log of the browser.
Now i can call anlys.agfeo.de:82 in my browser and the code points to anlys.agfeo.de:82 to.

But:

The left hand loop runs ans runs but nothing happens …

There is now no error concerning Piwik in the js console.
I have updated jquery.js to latest 1.11.0 (and he loads it)

Are there any logs where to find some hinds ???

Cheers
Uwe

I’m not sure yet. Maybe you can PM me your piwik URL + access details + link to this forum post and I will take a look. If I find a new cause of problem I would add it to the Page Overlay Troubleshooting FAQ