Page Name not defined? How can I fix this?

I love Piwik, and I am really enjoying learning how to use this great tool. I do have a question: my highest page visits are to a page is Page Name not defined and Page URL not defined. Hundreds of other pages are showing up with the correct URL and the correct page name. Can someone help me to understand what I should do to remedy this? Many thanks in advance, Dianna

maybe this helps? General - Analytics Platform - Matomo

Hi Matt. Yes, thank you! I had done a search for FAQ, and did not find this. Odd . . . . I am grateful to have this information. Many thanks!

I learned that "In some rare cases, a visitor’s browser will not let the Piwik Tag request the current URL (generally for privacy reasons). "
That led me to wonder: could these be coming from bots or search engines?

So what’s going on with this thread, has anyone found a solution?
Ever since I’ve upgraded to piwik 2.2.x I started getting this same error inside Page Titles widget, it usually has Pageviews and unique Pageviews filled with some numbers but the Bounce Rate, Avg. time on page, Exit rate, Avg. generation time are always empty…

Note that there’s only one row like this, the rest of my pages has names, urls etc…

I think I found a lead to this issue, I’ve just found out which page is counted as a “page name not defined”, it’s a page where I changed the url (wordpress permalink) after publishing it, I believe this what’s causes the problem…

is there a way to make piwik re-index pages (urls or names)?

This bug was fixed in the latest beta version: I would like to test early beta and RC releases, how do I enable automatic updates to use these development versions? - Analytics Platform - Matomo

Here is the ticket report for this bug: 'Page Name not defined' in page title reports - Outlinks being tracked as pages · Issue #5113 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub

fantastic! good to know. too bad google search didn’t yield me that bug report…