Other required extensions: configure and rebuild php with "openssl" enabled

Hi i have recently upgraded to version 4.14.2, however in the system check i realised it is saying, Other required extensions: configure and rebuild php with “openssl” enabled

but i check in my server, its support already enabled, tried editing the php.ini also no use T_T… Can anyone help?

Be aware that Matomo needs PHP configured in both of these places:

• The web server needs to be able to run PHP
  • The CLI needs to be able to run PHP

Configuration in those two places is independent and often different. Confirm the configurations as follows.

To see the web server PHP environment
In order to quickly verify that your web server is correctly configured to execute PHP scripts, you could create a file phpinfo.php which contains:
<?php phpinfo();

Then, from a browser you visit your page you made, at https://analytics.example.com/phpinfo.php. Your web server should serve a page to your browser with the pink and blue stylings and a logo for PHP at the top. This is the configuration of only your web server PHP environment.

To see the CLI PHP environment
Do the following in the terminal of the computer which will run your Matomo:
php -i in Linux, php -m in Windows

1 Like

In Ubuntu operating system, I have had good results when I type :
sudo apt-get install php8.1 php8.1-curl php8.1-gd php8.1-cli php8.1-mysql php-xml php8.1-mbstring

Note that at the start of the installation process, Matomo will automatically report if any of the required PHP extensions missing from your system. And when you have installed Matomo successfully, you can open the system check at any time by going to Matomo > Administration >
System Check to see if all the extensions are present and enabled.